• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: String Orchestra from Individual Instruments (No Sections)

Share/Bookmark

String Orchestra from Individual Instruments (No Sections)

Here is a string orchestra demo by Francesco Marchetti entitled \"TILL THE END\"

TILL THE END

This composition was done entirely with the individual solo string patches in Personal Orchestra. There are no section strings in this composition whatsoever. The stringed orchestra was built one instrument at a time from individual stringed instruments.

To create his string orchestra, Francesco used 9 violins for the 1st violins section, 7 (starting at Gagliano 3 going down to the others) for the 2nd violins section, 3 violas+solo Viola, all 9 Cellos, and 3 Double Basses.

You will notice that the instruments do separate, divisi and unison lines throughour the piece.( i.e. 1:13 the 1st and the 2nd violins go on divisi (5&4 the 1st - 5&2 the 2nd), while violas and cellos take the lead.)

Thanks to Francesco for again gracing us with his music.

Gary Garritan

Re: String Orchestra from Individual Instruments (No Sections)

Oh my gosh... simply beautiful. What lovely writing and expressive programming. Wow, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing that, Gary.

Great work, Francesco. Time to start giving those online orchestration classes... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very nice. It sounds so much more natural than section strings. This ensemble building from individual instruments is the future.

JW

Not sure who to compliment most. Gary for producing a library capable of so much that costs so little or Francesco for such beautiful writing. Wow!

I enjoyed this, and tought that orchestration is great!

Alex

Very nice! Definitely didn\'t sound like a bunch of solo instruments layered. Nice writing too.

Originally posted by robgb:
    Great work, Francesco. Time to start giving those online orchestration classes... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m waiting for those classes too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great work Francesco.

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Very nice! Definitely didn\'t sound like a bunch of solo instruments layered. Nice writing too.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ll second that. I really enjoyed the writing and his voicings.

Thanks for sharing gary.

Best,
    Didier

Definitely does not sound like section strings. These layered individual instruments sound more natural. This is the future. Can\'t wait to get my hands on an \"all out\" library of these.

JW.

Go Back to forum