• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: A MASTERPIECE!

Share/Bookmark

A MASTERPIECE!

I\'ve just started testing my Post BOS Grandioso. I\'m using the 16 layer wet sample.

This sample is a masterpiece .... the BEST sampled piano I\'ve ever used, period. It\'s absolutely fabulous, perfect. I love it.

I\'ll post some Bach from Book 2 of the WTC as soon as I have time to do the sample justice.

Bye bye East-West Steinway B. Finally, something that\'s indisputably superior in every way.

John Grant
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Re: A MASTERPIECE!

Agreed John! Is the mp3 the first one on your site at the top? If it is, I have to say this piano does sound fantastic and the playing is very nice as well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

NO! That\'s the OLD Steinway B, very souped up. I\'ll \"post\" the Ballade no. 3 with the BOS at the same site. It\'ll show up at the beginning initially. Then I\'ll move it to the middle of the site. The Ballade currently there uses the Steinway B. I\'m uploading the BOS now. Should be online in a few days.

Hi,

i love your mp3\'s.

i wait to listen the Bosendorfer version....

Yes, the Bosendorfer seems to be good (more natural than the Grandioso...)

However, you play the Steinway B very fine !!!!

Regards,

Really lovely playing on your MP3 site.

Originally posted by Lougheed:
    John,

I\'m looking forward to hearing your work using the PMI Grandioso Bosendorfer. Have you had a chance to dry out any of the DRY versions?

Lawrence
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do they really need drying out? Sorry couldn\'t resist. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

for anyone interested in listening more about the grandioso bosendorfer/steinway by PMI, visit:

www.albertorizzoschettino.com/pmi/bosendorfer.html

I fully agree with John when stating that PMI Bosendorfer grandioso is the best sampled piano ever released in the history until now.

I should emphasize that the sample I use at my site is a VERY modified Steinway B. The Wet 16 layer BOS, untampered with--not modified in any way, is definitely superior to the Truan Steinway B in its natural state. Very, very superior. I even like it better than my sooped up Steinway, too.

Lawrence I haven\'t tried the dry version, yet. But for my very unique purposes, the 16 layer wet will suit me just fine. (I will try the dry, though.)

Again. Very, very impressed with this sample. I did a quick Moonlight Sonata with it last night. It should be at my Mp3 site (below) in a few days. Not a perfect Moonlight. Also did a Chopin Ballade, also at the site soon. But the verb isn\'t exactly right. I\'ll get all that straightened out eventually.

John

WOW. Mp3.com actually has my Chopin Ballade up already. So you can compare the two samples directly: the sooped up Steinway Ballade, which is approximately at the middle of the site, and the BOS Grandioso Ballade which is at the very beginning. On my Grado SR 225s the POST BOS wins hands down. Much more presence. More precision in the sound of the notes. No unnatural notes at ANY velocity. No abrupt transitions from layer to layer. And on and on. Listen to the WHOLE piece. There\'s all kinds of dynamics and tempos in it, at both ends of the piano. A real barn-burner. The beginning is a tad quiet. Don\'t let that fool you. Also, there are a few booboos. I\'ll fix those eventually.

John

Go Back to forum