• Register
  • Help

Topic: drum sample recommendations

Share/Bookmark

drum sample recommendations

Hey everyone...I\'m fairly new to this and I\'m looking to buy one great drum sounds library. Is there one obvious \"desert island\" choice out there for realistic, natural drum sounds laid out in logical drum kits? Thanks in advance.

Re: drum sample recommendations

Check out Purrrfect Drums at studiocat.com

Doug

man, if you own battery...check out the Studio Drums - they sound amazing...on giga I like Pure Drums, Ross Garfield...even though I don\'t like giga for drumstuff because of the latency issue when mixed with other drumsources...
    we\'re talking \"real\" drumsounds right ?
    what sequencer are you using ...? It might be worth buying battery+studiodrums instead of some samplelibraries....go to audiomidi.com and check for prices. Plus they are coming out with electronic drums now too....

My favorite drums are found in the Kurzweil Total Stereo Drums Sessions cd. The
    jazz drums and jazz brush set are among the most convincing I have ever heard. However,
    the drums kits have a lot of layers to them and they are in Kurzweil format. I cannot get all
    the layers to translate for GigaStudio.

These kits sound great in my K2500. The latin kit, jazz stick and jazz brush sets and the
    MegaPercussion programs are excellent.

I have recently acquired two of the Sonic Implants drum kits (for GigaStudio) and they are very good.

in my opinion, hands down for:

Toontrack studios - Drumkit from Hell
    Sonic Implants - Drum Series I

Best luck,
    Alberto

Thanks for the response. I\'m just using the sequencer in Pro Tools at the moment, mostly for the convenience (I use PT for audio). Battery seems cool, but I finally bought Giga so I wouldn\'t have to buy any more software like Battery! I know...money pit. I\'ll check out Pure Drums. I can always adjust for the latency.

Take care.

Originally posted by THOR:
    man, if you own battery...check out the Studio Drums - they sound amazing...on giga I like Pure Drums, Ross Garfield...even though I don\'t like giga for drumstuff because of the latency issue when mixed with other drumsources...
    we\'re talking \"real\" drumsounds right ?
    what sequencer are you using ...? It might be worth buying battery+studiodrums instead of some samplelibraries....go to audiomidi.com and check for prices. Plus they are coming out with electronic drums now too....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum