• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Brass Low down

Brass Low down

I\'m in the market for some good Brass to balance out my new SAM Horns that are about to come find a new home with me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'m not really impressed with the Bigga Giggas Demos but the price is right. Can anyone say if they\'re worth getting? Maybe just the tuba?
    I might pick up D. Dean but I\'m kind of wanting to wait for the new libraries I know are coming out in the next 6 months. But let\'s say I did get D. Dean, what would be best to get? Anyfeedback would be great!

Re: Brass Low down

The Dan Dean Brass Ensembles are pretty amazing. It\'s hands down the best brass library to date. The fff layers are very powerful, and the ppp layers are incredibly expressive.

I highly reccomend it for a definitive orchestral brass sound.

DD Solo Brass are great. Very big. Sometimes you don\'t even need other library ensembles.

Whaddaya mean Timmy? I have DDSB, and to me it was a waste soloely because it sounds too closely miced and just too sizzly. Is there some kinda software for PC that I can use so I make these sound much further back? I know there is something, but what?? What is the best one for brass?

I second the vote for DDSB, out of all my libraries it responds best to the GOS impulse sitting perfectly as if in a real orchestral hall. Besides, most brass lines are not all in unison so you\'ll need solos in general. I have brass ensemble samples, SAM trumpets and I\'ll get SAM Horns...but I still think I\'ll use DDSB most of all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ve found DDSB to be a very valuable library, and I can\'t say that I\'ve been really bothered with the fact that those samples were too closely miced. I think they work very well in the mixes I\'ve done so far.

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    What software is the best to use these impulses??
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why Altiverb of course! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I hear that Ernest is working on making the GOS impulses more compatible with Altiverb\'s stereo to stereo mode as well as making even better impulses (surely not possible??).... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alright, how about Acoustic Mirror? That\'s what Ernest designed them to be used with after all.

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    interesting... does anyone use Biggas Brass?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can check out a small \"review\" here

Go Back to forum