• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kirk Hunter Solo Strings and Halion/Kontakt: Any success in format conversion?

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Solo Strings and Halion/Kontakt: Any success in format conversion?

I just bought the KH Solo string library being impressed by the demos.

Trying to convert the library into either Halion or Kontakt using either cdxtract or Halion´s/Kontakt´s import function revealed some problems which make the library hard to use.

All the sounds with multiple layers and either keyswitching ot MW used to crossfade between these layers don´t import properly. They all sound together giving some interesting but not very realistic results [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It has been discussed on Steinberg´s website (Halion forum) without any good solution. has anyone out there in this forum successfully converted the KHSS library? If yes it would be nice to share his experience or even NICER to share the fxps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Any comments on this?

Thanks and best regards
    Raindog

Re: Kirk Hunter Solo Strings and Halion/Kontakt: Any success in format conversion?

I am seriously considering KHSS and also own Halion 2.0. I\'d love to hear if anybody has them working well with HAlion.

All the very best,

Darren

Re: Kirk Hunter Solo Strings and Halion/Kontakt: Any success in format conversion?

I imported KH solo violins directly into Halion 2. While the MW issues are well-known, the key-switch programs work very well. I use KH all of the time with Halion and love it.

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    I imported KH solo violins directly into Halion 2. While the MW issues are well-known, the key-switch programs work very well. I use KH all of the time with Halion and love it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the reply. I stopped converting the files once I realised the mess with the MW crossfades. I thought this would apply to ALL programs which make use of a controller based layer switch. Nice to hear that key-switch works.
    Maybe Kirk Hunter can make a comment or better hop on the Halion or Kontakt train and provide native versions for these 2 software samplers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    This would be so nice....

btw you wouldn´t share some of your hand-edited Halion fxps. You could upload them on the Halion forum at cubase.net
    I could offer you some German beer to exchange [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

best regards
    Raindog

just a little bump

Go Back to forum