• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first violinconcerto - parts 1 and 2

My first violinconcerto - parts 1 and 2

I already presented part 1 as a link to some page at my website.
    Last weekend I finished the recroding of part 2.
    Part1 and -2 are connected to each other, the switch is at about 8:23

Part 1 - Andante
    Part 2 - Poco Allegro

Since today I have the full Solo strings library of VSL, so some study must follow and of course writing an xml file for Overture. Part 3 has to wait a little bit.

Violinconcerto nr. 1 parts 1 & 2

Hopefully you still enjoy this rather complicated piece (complicated in the sense of using keyswitches and a proper rendering).

Re: My first violinconcerto - parts 1 and 2

Hi Raymond,

This is undoubtedly your Opus Magnus and it is even not yet finished. Such an inventiveness and freshness, with all that variety of themes, effects and techniques. A most interesting part for the violin player, challenging and with lots of opportunity for personal interpretation.
    Dissonant harmony, but never aggressive, never disturbing, always coming back to its root and dissolving smoothly and perfectly tonal towards the end. I'm particularly fond of the harmonics passage, gently melting away in the orchestra.

A big round of applause for such intensive creativity and a daring enterprise.

Canada,winter Mexico

As you probably remember that I am an old, and musically old-fashioned person, so your modern composition is way ahead of my understanding. But I feel the greatness of this work of yours, even if it does not move my heart. Your "playing" your violin is astonishing as is your orchestration.
    Congratulation, and looking forward for the 3rd part.

This is quite an accomplishment! You've clearly done your music theory homework. This is a thoroughly crafted work, and it shows that you've put alot of yourself into this.

It's not just well crafted from a theory standpoint. A score at this level would be unbearable to listen to had you not also painstakingly worked through the dynamics and articulations of the final render. A work like this is above my pay grade from an analysis stand-point but it was certainly a pleasure to listen to on a Saturday afternoon. Bravo!

My dear friends,

thank you for your kind words. Yes, it took quite some effort getting the sound right. Right now I am experimenting with the real-solo-violin of VSL. When confident enough I will replace the subset Special edition Solo violin by the full library samples. Keep in mind that I am not a violinist. On youtube there is quite a lot of material giving me some idea of the techniques. The starting point is: Paganini's Caprices. Did players really survive this without some medical and psychological support?

As soon as possible I'll start writing down the 3rd part.

This is very intriguing. This is my second listen and I am still amazed at the quality of the sounds. VSL is an amazing library but it still takes someone with quite a bit of skill to make those instruments produce quality music. This piece has a quality to it that shows a lot of musical development on your part. You have said you wanted to learn compositional techniques and your time was well spent. This is an excellent piece of music. I can't wait to hear the entire Concerto.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Go Back to forum