• Register
  • Help

Topic: Canaqian Fugue

Share/Bookmark

Canadian Fugue

Canadian Fugue

mp3 uses GPO Organ. About 2 minutes, 37 seconds.

Nice little tune buried in here, which appears plainly after a bit of obfuscation, and which should explain the title.

Richard.

Re: Canaqian Fugue

I am glad that I can reply to this first, as a Canadian, I am qualified. I am NOT qualified to play this piece, way above my arthritic fingers capability.
    It is sad that you, and many other thousands associate Canada with this Alouette, which is a song of French origin, representing less than 15% of Canada. But, racism thrown away, you did a good job on this.
    I used to play the organ for my school (Piarist Fathers, a teaching order) and got a few slaps because I did similar things than this piece, mixing in some music when possible to show off and to create a snickering session in the church, when the kids recognized what I am doing.
    Great fun is this piece, thanks

Ted

Re: Canaqian Fugue

Well, now, Ted, I certainly can not play this piece, firstly, because I have not played an organ for many years, and secondly, like you, there is a problem with arthritis. Actually, the arthritis made itself know about 1945, but it has become a serious problem only in the past 20 or so years. However, with a bit (Lot) of practice, the pedals would become manageable again, with less pain than walking!

Perhaps I should change the name to French-Canadian Fugue, or just French Fugue. I knew that it was of French origin, but presumed French-Canadian. My maternal grandfather was born in Canada, in a place that bears his family name. It is called Diermerton, which I think is in Ontario. Maybe Deemerton. Still lots of Diemerts there.

I had to look up Piarist Fathers, as I had never before encountered anything about the order.

Well, mainly, I am pleased that you like the piece!

Richard

Go Back to forum