• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vota, LOP and Grandioso reviews + Hans Zimmer

Share/Bookmark

Re: Vota, LOP and Grandioso reviews + Hans Zimmer

Originally posted by Nuno Fonseca:
    You can find some reviews of Vota, LOP and Grandioso, in the new issue of \"Sound on Sound\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The full review for VOTA has been posted in the East West / Quantum Leap Developer forum (it is hard to find on the SOS site).

dr

Hey Nuno,

Hope all is well. Any update on the release of your updated votox ultility? I have really appreciated your first release over these last few months. Thanks so much.

Rob

I\'d like to apologise to Nick and Michiel because we\'ve had their libraries for a while, but I held off reviewing them because both had \'extras\' on the horizon: VOTA Utility and Virtuoso respectively. With the Steinway, I admitted defeat and of course, the issue goes on sale and Michiel announces the extra program will soon be available! What can you do?! :-)

The Hans Zimmer article was a labour of love, and to paraphrase Graham Norton, there was so much we didn\'t have space for. Still, there are some really interesting comments about how he approached his own orchestral samples, and the influences on Gladiator and Hannibal. As for the ten GigaStudios, that\'s ten at home and ten at Media Ventures, plus, Klaus Badelt apparently uses 40!

Mark.

BTW, Doug, I\'d like to send you an email but don\'t have your address... :-) (mark@sospubs.co.uk)

Hey Mark,

Greetings from a happy SoS reader in Holland [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Will ask the dog to bark when this new issue has landed (unless it lands on him - no more dog then).

Cheers,

Hi Peter,

All I can say is that you must have a very small dog or a very high letterbox! ;-)

Mark.

Vota, LOP and Grandioso reviews + Hans Zimmer

You can find some reviews of Vota, LOP and Grandioso, in the new issue of \"Sound on Sound\"

There is also a nice article about Hans Zimmer Home Studio (with 10 gigastudio pc\'s)

Go to www.sound-on-sound.co.uk

I go for the third option: heavy magazine!

Mark,
    I appreciate the effort you put into reviewing VotA and waiting for the utility. Thanks!

Go Back to forum