• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: dance for strings

Share/Bookmark

dance for strings

I was inspired by a posting of a Handel dance piece rendered by Max Hamburg. I wrote this for string quartet. It uses GPO, Gofriller and Stradivari. Jay
    www.jesse.us.com/dance.mp3

Re: dance for strings

What a nice way to start the day! I enjoyed this very much! Lots of fun! Thanks for brightening my day!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Gary! Thank you very much for the listen. I am pleased that you liked this. Jay

Good morning, Jay - Thank you much for the lovely, gentle dance you've given your strings to play. I just now heard this over at the MM Garritan Forum, and wrote a note there I hope you see. Now on this second post regarding your piece, I just want to thank you again for brightening up the Forum yet again with your compositional expertise.

Randy

Hey Randy! I did read your post at MM. Your input is always appreciated. Jay

Constantly surprising and delighting us. Thanks for this lovely piece, sounds a little bit even older than Handel.

Thanks

Ted

Thumbs up Re: dance for strings

lovely... kind of country dance...

Ted! Thanks for the listen. I was trying to get a dance feel similar to what I heard from Handel. Since I was just going by what I heard, this piece could easily be off the mark as far as being an authentic dance form. I was just messing around with it and came up with this.

Fabio. Thank you. I had some fun with this. It is a little different for me.

Thanks to you both for taking time to listen and comment. Jay

I confess that I am not qualified to analyze,scrutinize Handel or your work. It was just my feeling as I listened, that your piece is even earlier than Handle. You are not off the mark at all, maybe Handle Junior?

Ted

Thanks for the follow up Ted. Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast