• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga trouble - HELP ASAP!

Share/Bookmark

Giga trouble - HELP ASAP!

Today we had a power outage while I was gone and for some reason my backup power for my giga machine didn\'t kick in. Well now I can\'t boot up my giga PC. When I do it says \"Your system has recovered from a serious error. Would you like to diable all the drivers associated with Giga Technology?\" I\'ve tried yes - I\'ve tried no. I\'ve tried restarting, I\'ve tried turning the power off. I\'ve tried not restarting and just launching giga. Same results everytime. Giga\'s going nuts. What can I do? ANY help would be much appreciated.

J-

Re: Giga trouble - HELP ASAP!

Are you running Win XP J? Can you do a system restore perhaps?

Also go into your Device Manager and check to see if any piece of hardware has a red cross through it. You might need to re-enable some devices.

Control panel> System> Harware> Device Manager.

If you had a power spike, Windows may have disabled some things to protect them. It happened to me recently and my network card had to be re-enabled.

Sorry you\'re having this problem. Disconnect your power cable from and computer and then disconnect all external and internal devices... midi, audio, USB, firewire, etc., and remove all PCI cards from your computer with the exception of you AGP video card. Also disconnect the ribbon cables from all internal hard drives with the exception of your Windows system hard drive in order to get your computer down to the bare essentials. Once you have done all of this, try starting you computer in order to see if you are able to come up to your Windows desktop. If you are successful coming up to the Windows desktop, shut down your computer and then reconnect the ribbon cables to your hard drives and then restart your computer. If this is successful, then ad each internal and external device back to your computer one at a time, and restating after adding each device back to your computer one at a time. This should hopefully fix your problem.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Hi ! If you\'re seeing the message to disable giga drivers it means the system has launched OK. Better run a checkdisk operation on all drives to prevent corruption and if the problem persists then uninstall & reinstall giga. It should do the trick ... Good luck !

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Today we had a power outage while I was gone and for some reason my backup power for my giga machine didn\'t kick in. Well now I can\'t boot up my giga PC. When I do it says \"Your system has recovered from a serious error. Would you like to diable all the drivers associated with Giga Technology?\" I\'ve tried yes - I\'ve tried no. I\'ve tried restarting, I\'ve tried turning the power off. I\'ve tried not restarting and just launching giga. Same results everytime. Giga\'s going nuts. What can I do? ANY help would be much appreciated.

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What happens after you say \"yes\" or \"no?\" Does Windows come up, but Giga is inoperative?

If so, I think you need to just uninstall Giga and reinstall it. Your registrations, etc., will all still be fine. It sounds to me as if the power outage did some corruption.

Best regards,
    Bruce

This happened because your computer abruptly closed and Windows XP \"assumes\" it was the Giga Drivers\'s fault,. Do a checkdisk and restart your computer a couple of times and everything will be ok (speaking from first hand experience with your problem here, in last resort reinstall Giga, but nothing serious there with your system you\'re fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Try this if you have Windows XP:

1- Open the windows task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and select the processes tab.
    2- Open GigaStudio and check GsStudio exe file in the Task manager. Probably the Cpu will show 99%.
    3- Click on the GigaStudio row and click the End process button. Terminate the process

Repeat again. It works every time for me.

SergeD

Wow - I\'m so perplexed - I had a REALLy bad day yesterday so after my computer wouldn\'t work last night I just decided to give up. I tried everything I know to try. Then, I cam in and read all your responses and was about to get down to digging through all these great answers to try to fix it and for some stupid reason my computer decided to be happy today. I dunno - I guess the computer gods are playing games with me!

Thanks again for your help though. I\'ll keep this in case it happens again!!

J-

Glad you got it working, but here is how I would suggest handling the problem if it ever recurrs:

1) Shut down computer and leave off long enough to reset
    2) While you\'re waiting, go to your bar or liquor cabinet
    3) Extract one bottle gin (preferrably Bombay Sapphire), and one bottle dry vermouth
    4) Place ice in cocktail shaker
    5) Pour capful of vermouth into shaker to coat ice
    6) Strain excess vermouth into sink
    7) Pour generous amount of gin into shaker
    8) Shake thoroughly, but not too violently
    9) Strain into appropriate stemmed glassware
    10) Garnish with lemon peel
    11) Insert Miles Davis, Kinda Blue into CD player
    12) Dim lights
    13) Retire to easy chair and ingest martini
    14) Leave computer off until following morning to ensure complete reset

Works for me every time. It sometimes even fixes the computer glitch. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BWAHAHAHA!

Go Back to forum