• Register
  • Help

Topic: East West /Steinway B Feedback....

Share/Bookmark

East West /Steinway B Feedback....

Recently I posted concerning the problems I had with the Steinway B piano. I had loud pops and clicks whenever I held the pedal down. Despite researching this with Soundchaser, and some helpful folks up here, I just couldn\'t get it to work.

Doug Rogers saw the post and immediately got in touch with me, suggesting he send me one of the most recent discs. East West had already done this once many months back, and it hadn\'t helped. But Doug seemed confident this is where we should start, and he was determined to make me a happy customer.

The disc arrived FEDX yesterday, and this time, after a clean install, it worked great.

This is the first time I\'ve heard a Steinway sample actually capture that bell-like quality of the upper register that no other sampled piano has been able to achieve. A little EQ and the piano is great for pop and contemporary, yet it sounds wonderful on classic works as well.

It is great to see Doug still active and adamant about providing top quality stuff, and superb customer service after all these years. One of the good guys, to be sure. This is yet another example of why East West is one of the premier outfits in the business. JMHO.

Back to my new Steinway.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: East West /Steinway B Feedback....

Hi,

yes the Steinway B is one of the best Sampled Piano.

And it\'s a real Steinway sound !!!

(However, 3 velocity up and Down)

Just imagine the same work with 8 velocity up and down !!!!!!

Regards,

olivier

I\'ll swear by that piano. All my stuff is done with it. But I\'m hearing perhaps, maybe, who knows, something better in Post\'s Bos. It will be the first sampled piano I\'ve bought since picking up the MAG.

John
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Originally posted by Realprosounds:
    Hi,

yes the Steinway B is one of the best Sampled Piano.

And it\'s a real Steinway sound !!!

(However, 3 velocity up and Down)

Just imagine the same work with 8 velocity up and down !!!!!!

Regards,

olivier
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">8 velocity up and down might help on a piano solo, but in any practical sense with an orchestral or contemporary backing, those kinds of nuances are quickly lost....so for me, I worry far less about that than the basic character of the sound itself...

Hi,

yes, that\'s why new Piano (sampleds piano) are sampled with a lot of velocity !!!!!
    (8 real velocity and 16 layer releases)

Hum.....

I use sampled Piano for Solo.

Regards,

Olivier

Go Back to forum