• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for Great Sax .......

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Great Sax .......

I\'m wondering... can anyone recommend a really great \"authentic-sounding\" sax library. I need a saxophone lead for an upcoming project ... but, it seems, every sax sample I have tried just doesn\'t quite make it. I know that the new VSL saxs sound really nice.... are there any others that ya\'ll would recommend? Thanks for your help. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Gary

Re: Looking for Great Sax .......

I doubt you can find a better sax than VSL , but [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ...

Try \"Giga sax\". I don´t remember any link!!!

Sax samples discussions always seem to be a little controversial around here...not that that\'s a bad thing... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My personal favorite is the Bigga Gigga collection. I find it very expressive, and emulates the real thing rather well. The sax is one of the most difficult instruments to sample, and even the best samples leave a lot to be desired. Alan Russell recently did some killer demos with the VSL, yet the BG still sound more pleasing to my ears.

I\'ve got a few Mp3 snippets I can email you if you like.

Gary,

The latest Sopranos out of Bigga-Giggas & VSL have been my choice here. I enjoyed doing a user demo for VSL (eventhough it wasn\'t published on their site) and I\'m please to say
    \"A Leaf\'s Journey\" was one of my two scores to be aired in a documentary for the A&E cable channel at the end of the year.
    If you haven\'t heard \"A Leaf\'s Jounery\" it is on my website below.

Alan Russell

Also, Sharmy\'s demo of Herb\'s bounce is on the VSL user Demo site and also on Northern sounds with his Tenor Demo.

Alan Russell

Sporter,

what is so nice about having both libraries (BG and VSL) is that the Two Sopranos have unique sounds. They are quite different and can offer the midi arranger/composer two distinct colors of a high reed in any given Jazz Ballad IMHO.

Alan Russell

And to think, VSL makes such good strings, as well.

No one would ever guess that Vienna would be the place to go for Sax & Violins. Who says VSL isn\'t \"Hollywood?\"

*ba-dum-ching*

--Eric

Hey everyone, thanks so much for all the info and especially the demo links...(it always helps tremendously when ya can hear the sax samples being used in demos.) Okay, I will check them all out this evening. Thanks again, Gary Thomas

Hi,

I have the BG set and think that it sounds pretty good.

Haven\'t received my VSL yet though, It got delayed for some reason :-(

According to Yellow Tools their Candy saxophone won\'t be ready for some time yet though.

Ben H

Go Back to forum