• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SAM Horns demo (and some DDBE)

Share/Bookmark

SAM Horns demo (and some DDBE)

OK this demo was done some time ago, but I decided to announce it here afterall, also because it is one of the few pieces using Dan Dean Brass Ensembles so far - it IS a demo for SAM Horns most of all though - DDBE is used for trumpets and trombones.

You can find the demo at:
    http://www2.hku.nl/~jnd/demos_betateam/samhorns_betademo_simonravn.mp3

Also give Thomas J.\'s SAM Horns demo a listen - great stuff, inspired by LOTR I believe

Go here:
    http://www2.hku.nl/~jnd/demos_betateam/samhorns_betademo_thomasbergersen.mp3

Re: SAM Horns demo (and some DDBE)

Simon,

Im at college so I cant listen to your demo right now, but i did listen to Thomas\' demo a while ago and it is REALLY good! Please tell me that the strings are from GOS!!! I also noticed that the strings chords from the beginning were from Apollo 13, right? :-)

eD

Uhm I can\'t really comment much on what samples and what inspirations Thomas had, but I can definitely say it\'s not GOS - prolly Roland strings!

Great work guys, I don\'t like either of your trumpets though but don\'t let that detract from the pieces. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thomas, is this that no reverb thing you were talking about? Seems to work....perhaps a little too well....

Great demos as usual, Thomas has got some great stuff in there. Listened to it a while ago already. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ROLAND STRINGS!??!

Great demos guys!!! gotta order those SAM horns soon..

/Tobias

Originally posted by Ed:
    ROLAND STRINGS!??!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kids, don\'t try this at home, but TJ can even do this with a vintage Solina String Ensemble... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Simon: great demo!!

Nice stuff!
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kids, don\'t try this at home, but TJ can even do this with a vintage Solina String Ensemble... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

HAHA! So true...

Heard your demo yesterday, sounds great Simon! Gotta listen to it again knowing that DDBE were involved. (I really like the look and feel of the SAM site now, also very nice)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast