• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Free Virus Killing Software :)

Share/Bookmark

Free Virus Killing Software :)

Hi all,

Okay, so once again our beloved Direcway high speed setup was downloading at the blazing rate of 14k. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Yes, that\'s right - 14k, not even 56k. So before I risked certain danger by going on to the roof a ripping down the dish... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I read how a virus can kill your high speed connection.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

I found this free software(above link)that scanned my system and found 33 viruses on the host PC. It trashed them all. I just did 4 speed test and now I am downloading at 1.5 mbs. That\'s a T1, baby!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Free Virus Killing Software :)

33! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

still going at a nice 3.6mbs.

WOW! Do u have a T3, or?

I hope you have concluded that you were not well (enough) protected. I\'d suggest to use one of the top commercial programs (like Norton Antivirus) and to have it update its definitions automatically. And, keep it running, or schedule a daily scan.

For Spyware, you can use Spybot (run it also daily!) http://www.safer-networking.org

Finally: backup backup backup! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS: I hope you haven\'t created any self-extracting .EXE files for customers [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Will do, Peter.

I do have Norton Anti but hmmm? Must of been it\'s day off.

I doing adware right now as well.

PS: I hope you haven\'t created any self-extracting .EXE files for customers

HA ha ha [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] No, Sir I have not.

Peter, Francis,

it could be any executable file, even .doc can contain virus files... perhaps better check a cd/dvd of those you send out, too, to be on the safe side.

i\'ve been into computers for more than 10 years and never ever had any infection till now(except once when i borrowed assembler from someone-while i was experimenting writing a virus and it started to corrupt tie .asm files) some simple rules to keep the infection away....

a) never open an attachment(executables)
    b) never download pirated software
    c) keep updated with new patches
    d) keep the fire wall on

and believe me, in all these 10 years i\'ve never ever installed any anti virus on my computer....

FIREWALL:

I get lost there. I have a WAP that goes into the host and my laptop is a client. It all works but am I under a Firewall? We you ICS.

I bet I just invited 100 hackers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by robin123:
    and believe me, in all these 10 years i\'ve never ever installed any anti virus on my computer....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">how do you know you got no virus then, some stay more or less \"silent\"... nice hobby btw, programming a virus, hmm hints about MyDoom programmers are worth $250,000, don\'t get caught...

Go Back to forum