• Register
  • Help

Topic: Software KVM

Share/Bookmark

Software KVM

Has anyone heard about this? A friend of mine in I.T. said there is some software coming out that acts as a KVM switch.

The way it works is if move your mouse to the far right of your screen it will \"click into\" the next computer and your mouse suddenly appears on the left, showing the display of machine number 2.

Apparently, you can keep clicking through a number of different machines. It is supposed to also support dual screen display but I am still waiting for some details.

Was wondering if perhaps someone else may have heard of it...

Re: Software KVM

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Has anyone heard about this? A friend of mine in I.T. said there is some software coming out that acts as a KVM switch.

The way it works is if move your mouse to the far right of your screen it will \"click into\" the next computer and your mouse suddenly appears on the left, showing the display of machine number 2.

Apparently, you can keep clicking through a number of different machines. It is supposed to also support dual screen display but I am still waiting for some details.

Was wondering if perhaps someone else may have heard of it...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Scott,
    I meant to post this yesterday but got sidetracked,

http://www.maxivista.com/
    This allows you to use a second pc (and monitor) to give a dual head style display on your first PC

I tried the demo, it\'s a great idea but my PC\'s / network are a bit slow for it.

Brian

Re: Software KVM

Thanks Brian, my friend got back to me with the link and he seems to be talking about a different product;

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/about.html

I still haven\'t had a good chance to look through it all. I check your link out later too.

Go Back to forum