• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My Music for a Music Tech Course (lots of spectrasonics used) - link works now!

Share/Bookmark

My Music for a Music Tech Course (lots of spectrasonics used) - link works now!

Little background first:
    Ok, so its like the 3rd day of being on my new Music Technology course. There are 10 of us and only 1 person has had piano lessons and 2 of us (including me) only play by ear. I seem to have the best setup, even better than the college systems. They use halion and OH MY, it has SO much latency. Gigapiano makes strange clicking noises after converting it when i play it fast. Most of the \'others\' are either into \"rock\" music \"hip hop\" or \"drum and bass\". I didnt want to rock the boat and yell \"what about doing something orchestral?\", cos I know I wont get a good response. Anyway, the teacher gave us 3 drum loops and we had to pick one to make \"something\" with. I decided that since I wanted to be liked I would try and make something with these loops. I didn\'t get very far on their crummy setup so I emailed myself the work and have been doing it at home instead. Lets just say that the others haven\'t got access to spectrasonics or other great sounds, all these months of working is paying off!!

I hadn\'t worked with loops or grooves before so this was new for me. I think I did alright though. I wish I had Garritan for the strings but AO still sounds perfectly reasonable until I get it (especially for this kind of stuff). Also a shame that I don\'t have SAM horns yet.

Please have a listen and \'tell me what you think\'. I know you guys are all into making orchestral stuff, but I didn\'t really have a choice. Also could you tell me if the martin acoustic sounds ok, I\'m not a guitar player and I don\'t know if it sounds that that real or not. I mean I think it sounds fine but to others maybe... ?... you get the idea.

DOWNLOAD HERE

(its 128kbs cos mp3.com hasn\'t approved my file yet, it will be 192kbs, sounds great for 128 though)

Samples:
    Distorted Reality 1 and 2
    Bizarre Guitar
    AO and Upgrade (harp and sustained celli sec)
    Symphony of Voices
    Hanz Zimmer Guitars 1
    Giga Piano
    Other drum samples: (Samples for the midi loops that were given to us)

Other samples:
    Korg Trition - Analogue Strings

---------------
    Ed

PS: Thank you Eric Persing for these great sounds! Other than gigapiano , a bit from AO , and my 1 triton sample its all spectrasonics! BTW, I missed you in Andertons in Guildford, UK on your spectrasonics tour earlier this year, I went the next day though but I didn\'t see any evidence that you had ever been there. Oh well. :-(

Re: My Music for a Music Tech Course (lots of spectrasonics used) - link works now!

Ed,

I get a recording that says \"we\'ve noticed you are attempting to stream...\" and nothing else.

-- Martin

Re: My Music for a Music Tech Course (lots of spectrasonics used) - link works now!

LOL, a 404 in audio! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

WHAT!? damn, Ill find out whats wrong.

ok, well they havent \"approved\" the file yet. Try right clicking on it and selecting \"save target as\", im sure it will work then.

Ah, it seems that doesnt work either... it worked for me last night. grr.

Well gee this is embarrassing... I guess ill just have to wait for mp3.com to \"approve\" it. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Ill post a link when they finially get off their asses and do it.

Originally posted by Ed:
    Little background first:
    systems. They use halion and OH MY, it has SO much latency.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just like with GigaStudio, latency depends on the soundcard used. I use Halion myself, there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, I can get much more voices out of it than I could possibly get out of one instance of Gigastudio.

Soverign, I am using the same soundcard as the computers in my college so it must be to do with low ram or other such things because I do not even notice latency in gigastudio on my computer.

HERE is the link, it really should work now! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DOWNLOAD HERE

I added a little more SOV after I uploaded it, but i didnt want to have to wait again for mp3.com. So just imagine you are hearing more SOV in it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ed

Ed,

Very nice work. I really like the feel of your piece. The guitars sound really nice. I especially like the effected guitar at the beginning.

How did your teacher like it?

BTW, it can take weeks to get a song approved on mp3.com. If you want to be able to get quick feedback, post it on soundclick.com or on a website of your own.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum