• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Question for Alan Russell

Share/Bookmark

Question for Alan Russell

Have you tried using any of the VSL sax, (or VSL stuff in general) with a WX-5 Wind Controller?

Re: Question for Alan Russell

Eric,

At present I don\'t own a wind controller. Everything that I articlulate on my Motif 8 master controller is from the fingers.
    The Motif 8 is a touch sensitive keyboard which does help out with a bit of expression.

Alan Russell

Eric,
    you should ask Bruce Richardson.
    He has the VSL sax library and i believe he uses a wind controller...

Originally posted by Eric Richmond:
    Wow! Alan! You gotta get the WX happenin, as a fellow horn player, I think you\'ll find you can slam out lead parts much more expressively and nuanced than with the keys.

-Eric
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Eric,

one of these days \"Pow In The Kisser\"
    (Ralph Krandem Quote)

Alan Russell

Wow! Alan! You gotta get the WX happenin, as a fellow horn player, I think you\'ll find you can slam out lead parts much more expressively and nuanced than with the keys.

-Eric

thx P, I will do that. I\'ll try a private message this time, sorry for posting in public to you Alan!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

LOL!

I wasn\'t insinuating that there was anything wrong with your current tunes. A fellow horn player put me onto the WX, telling me I was severly limiting myself in terms of playing leads. Once I finally tried the sucker out, I couldn\'t believe it. Just passing this tip along to you :-D

-Eric

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I\'ve only had the library for a few days, and have not had time to edit it for wind control yet.

I\'ve been really using Glass and Stones...unfortunately, the project I\'m working on now is the anti-sax, so I only have an opportunity to work with the saxes in little stolen moments. Definitely, getting them edited for wind control is one of the top priorities. I can tell you from experience with other instruments in the VSL collection, though, that the legato instruments work very well with wind controllers. I think in particular the tenor sax is going to do very well with wind control.

Originally posted by Eric Richmond:
    LOL!

I wasn\'t insinuating that there was anything wrong with your current tunes. A fellow horn player put me onto the WX, telling me I was severly limiting myself in terms of playing leads. Once I finally tried the sucker out, I couldn\'t believe it. Just passing this tip along to you :-D

-Eric
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Eric,

from a fellow reed player to another (Hopefully Tenor, Alto And Soprano) I was just be humorous. I love the Honeymooners.
    I will eventually try the WX6 one of these days. (I think it was updated by Yamaha)

Carry on..

Alan Russell

Hi Russell,

I\'ve just ordered VSL Sax. With no budget or experience for a wind controller at this stage, I was putting off the purchase of the patches. Lack of demos was also holding me back (though I loved MH\'s \'friends\').

Then I found your Leaf\'s Journey and, realizing what a keyboard input could do, I was sold.

Thanks - I\'m enjoying Leaf\'s Journey until my Sax arrives.

Cheers

Go Back to forum