• Register
  • Help

Topic: QLSO Gold Demo - War and Peace

Share/Bookmark

QLSO Gold Demo - War and Peace

Here is my first original demo almost 3 minutes long, that I did with QLSO Gold as I try to learn this deep library. I tried to do something that sounds different from what is available. It’s actually two themes, with each theme having a second variation (one a little more serene, the other a little more aggressive). Everything is QLSO Gold, except there is also some VoTA kompakt edition. Any comments are very much appreciated.

War and Peace: (note - 5 MB MP3) War and Peace

Thanks for your time and enjoy. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: QLSO Gold Demo - War and Peace

Hi mschiff...thanks for your comment - I appreciate you taking the time! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Great music, can you tell us the breakdown of your composition?

Originally posted by Jaibulu:
    Great music, can you tell us the breakdown of your composition?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for your kind words Jaibulu. Sure, I would like to! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Can you clarify what you mean by breakdown of the composition?

It\'s good to have some new demo posters. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m only listening on the cans right now but it sounds pretty good. My only suggestion would be that the attacks on the choir sequence at around 0:34. My taste would call for them to be a little softer.

I\'m not very familiar with EWQLSO. Did you use only the stage mics? Or did you mix other mics with them?

Sounds good. Keep posting more demos. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thank you Daedalus, the comments are very welcome indeed. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Your guess is right, everything in here is pretty much the stage mics. I did use two patches of close mics though, with the violins and celli short notes. I found in this case that they cut through the mix better.

Very nice. I enjoyed listening.

-- Martin

There\'s over 10 close patches and several hall patches. I also forgot to mention, I did also use close mic violins sordino and harp.

Go Back to forum