• Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: ka

Share/Bookmark

Re: ka

Hi,

have anyone test this piano ?

It\'s still very early. Many people (the U.S. residents, specifically) have been asleep since it was put up, and will now be at work for a few hours. Give us time to download and play around with it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi, tryin to DL it now, but it just stops after about 20-45secs or so, so I\'m only getting 5MBish of the 44. Any ideas?

Correction, it doesn\'t just stop, it\'s telling me \"download complete,\" but the final file is only 3MBs sometimes, other times 5-6.

Same here. I\'m getting about 1.5 - 2 MB before it says \"Complete\".

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Olivier and guys,

I hate to be a party pooper, but we are having a knock-down and drag-out discussion on trying to stave off copy protection schemes.

Unfortunately, if you\'ll go to the Kawai website, you\'ll see that this is not an acoustic piano sample, but a sample taken from a standalone PCM-based sampling instrument.

Therefore this instrument is unfortunately a copyright infringement.

Olivier, you probably meant very well, but you\'d be doing the right thing to eliminate it from your website immediately...and anyone who has downloaded it thinking it was an acoustic piano sample should delete it from their systems.

Guys, this is what it\'s all about, right here. Do the right thing, please.

yah....

thats the right thing....

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Realprosounds:

i have paid $2500 usd and i\'ve the right to play my piano and record it, sample it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes it does. But NOT to give that sample to other people. That is where you cross the line from fair use.

Surely you cannot imagine that you are doing Kawai any favors. And at any rate, even if you are intending to pursue permission, you should get that sample off your website right now.

Great. Just as I\'m trying to make the point that the user base can be trusted, someone pulls a stunt like this.

Oh come on Bruce, ease up on the guy....it\'s not like he was intentionally trying to distribute copyrighted sounds. Oliver obviously doesn\'t know the extent of the law concerning this type of usage....as a matter of fact I would go as far as saying that it\'s pretty unclear for everyone.

For all you know, he spoke to the Kawai rep who sold him the instrument, and was given permission to distribute the sounds (even though the rep probably didn\'t have the authority).

Give the guy a break and allow him to do the right thing without making him feel like an hole.

Besides....I don\'t think anyone has been able to download the files anyway!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast