• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quality of VSL Horizon Mallets Library?

Share/Bookmark

Quality of VSL Horizon Mallets Library?

I know this post may seem a bit silly, but is the VSL Mallet library good? I mean in terms of timbre, and expressive capabilities (velocities). The marimba and vibraphone are what interest me the most.

I have \'VSL Saxs\', \'Glass & Stones\' and \'Overdrive\', and they are ALL top-notch libraries. I just want to be sure before laying down any cash on the library.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Quality of VSL Horizon Mallets Library?

The mallets library is fantastic. The vibraphone selection is especially good. And as for the Celesta! Harry Potter, eat your heart out. Scrummy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick

Does anybody know if these are unique, or are derived from the full VSL set? If the latter, then the great celeste described, among others, would also be included in Opus 1 (which does not include vibes or marimba). I keep looking for (and finding) additional justification for buying Opus 1!

The celeste is from the full Pro Edition set, as are all the mallets. the detail is sensational. Not just Harry Potter but also the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky can easily be done. We have them on sale.

http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/vienna/horizon/mallets.shtml

Agreed, the VSL mallets are fantastic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Bardstown Audio has all of the VSL instrument collections available for sale, in addition to all major software and hardware.

We provide first class customer service and tech support seven days a week by either telephone or email.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks for your help everyone. I just put an order in for them. Hopefully they\'ll come in next week. Can\'t wait for the Vibraphone! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I don\'t have them for sale or provide customer service, but if anyone would like to just send me some money, I\'d be very grateful.

[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum