• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Not happy with Nemesys-support

Share/Bookmark

Not happy with Nemesys-support

Hi,

following up the thread before...

I just like to add that I am also not happy with Nemesys support.

I emailed them a bank-switching problem on the 3rd October, I sent a reminder on the 19th, another one on the 30th.

They simply don´t care for my Email.
    This is really, really annoying.

Since living in Germany, I will of course not make phone calls to the US.

Horst.

Re: Not happy with Nemesys-support

Yep, they\'re horrible. I went thru serious pain trying to register Giga and they ignored repeated emails and voicemails.

My prediction (assuming Nemesys never gets their act together) is that another company (Bitheadz, Steinberg, etc) will buy the technology, develop it, and provide the service that customers deserve. Or, their customers will simply get tired of the hassle (regardless of the great product) and Nemesys will go out of business. This really would be sad, because I believe they have a great product--they just don\'t see how truly valuable their customers really are to the future success of their company!

They may have a great idea/product, but without their customers to back them with $$$, they\'ll never stay afloat.

Just a thought for the guys not in the USA (like myself) - has anybody ever tried phoning Nemesys tech support via a free Internet-to-phone service like www.go2call.com ?

I filled out the Nemesys support form (on their web site/support) and never got a written or phone response.

I also predict Nemesys will be out of business within a year. Their latest build of Gigastudio (2.01.26 I think) is buggy and one of the bugs that I\'ve already described is enough to make me want to dump it--but I\'ve invested over $1700 in libraries so that is not an option for me. All software has bugs, but the difference here is that I have little faith that the company is going to actually do anything about it. I hope I am completely wrong.

Jerry Gerber http://www.jerrygerber.com

Well guys;

I think you are all on the money. Good product. Lousy support, not unheard of in the software biz. Do you think it is because of a \"skelton crew\" operating the support dept.? I really wish they would take note of some of these comments and try to improve. I suspect that the volume of requests exceeds their ability to answer propmtly. I don\'t want to believe that they \"just don\'t care.\"
    They probably know better than that. I hope they get it together, because I would hate to see this company disappear, along with all the sample library support!!

Peace to you all,

leadbelly.

Hi!

You probably all know already that there is a Giga-group with egroups. On the list is Joe Bibbo (working for \"or\" at Nemesys). If you address your complain of sluggish support there (mentioning his name in the title), you might get the answers you hope for. As a pre-buyer I\'m also a bit worried about reading your complaints so I hope, somebody of you is going to address it to Joe.

Anybody having experiences with the Emagic\'s EXS24??? Any comparisons???

Horst. IF you are living in Germany (as I do): Have you tried bestservice\'s support (they seem to be very helpful and at least have contact to Nemesys)??? Would you mind letting me know your email, so that I can contact you personally for further pre-buyer questions????

Ahhh, forgot your name:
    If you have spend so much for the libraries you should look for the following option:
    Bestservice of Germany has the offer that with a little up-price one can get a library for two different formats. Might be possible with the shop you got it from as well!!!

------------------
    O.H.

I\'m also located in Germany and I had never a problem with Nemesys support. In fact they answered within hours. The last time this was when I asked for this little tool to stop GigaStudio\'s QuickSound to look for .wav files. It was sent to me within a few hours. All I did was using their web form for support.

Nirto Karsten Fischer

[This message has been edited by nkf (edited 11-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry Gerber:
    I filled out the Nemesys support form (on their web site/support) and never got a written or phone response.

I also predict Nemesys will be out of business within a year. Their latest build of Gigastudio (2.01.26 I think) is buggy and one of the bugs that I\'ve already described is enough to make me want to dump it--but I\'ve invested over $1700 in libraries so that is not an option for me. All software has bugs, but the difference here is that I have little faith that the company is going to actually do anything about it. I hope I am completely wrong.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only see one solution, Nemesys needs to diversify and create a plugin based sampler that can plug-in to VST and/or Cakewalk 10 or whatever. Cap it at 64 voices and sell thousands upon thousands of units. A plugin version needs little support, and much less can go wrong in a dll that integrates with the host application. Then Nemesys could sell GigaStudio proper as an upgrade to the plug-in version. Use all of this revenue to better support all users..

As a Gigasampler user I halted my support of Nemesys products when I saw GigaStudio. I\'m trying to do more work inside my DAW and Nemesys is pulling me out of it. Thank god I didn\'t invest in too many libraries. Logic has the right idea with their integrated sampler.

-david abraham

[This message has been edited by David Abraham Fenton (edited 11-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Abraham Fenton:
    I only see one solution, Nemesys needs to diversify and create a plugin based sampler that can plug-in to VST and/or Cakewalk 10 or whatever. Cap it at 64 voices and sell thousands upon thousands of units. A plugin version needs little support, and much less can go wrong in a dll that integrates with the host application. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don\'t agree - what makes Giga unique is the hard-drive streaming, and with this sort of technology, the system is always going to be prone to all sorts of additional problems (like chipsets not having *quite* standard implementations, additional latencies added by certain IDE controller chipsets, Windows driver bugs, etc.) to a much greater extent than any RAM based sampler. Believe me, anybody who has ever compiled a Linux kernel will have seen all the various options to counter the many different bugs in the various IDE controllers out there.

Unfortunately, this is where a lot of the problems arise: Giga is utilizing the PC in a way which the designers did not quite anticipate. Until it gains critical mass in its current form, these types of problems will never be addressed at their lowest level (i.e. in hardware, OS software, etc.)

Making it a plug-in just adds additional complexity, which decreases the chances of reliability.

The thing to do would be to create a few reference hardware / software platforms, which have known performance benchmarks with Giga. Support would then have a much easier time in such a focussed environment.

Go Back to forum