• Register
  • Help

Topic: Calling composers for voice - Vocal range questions?

Share/Bookmark

Calling composers for voice - Vocal range questions?

(link removed... please disregard)

This is the first page of the score for my operetta. However, I have never written for voice before, I was wondering if these vocal ranges are plausible for a live vocalist?

The actual pitch may be transposed an octave up or down depending on the singer, I\'m just wondering about the jump in ranges. (which I purposely did for dramatic effect in the piece)

Re: Calling composers for voice - Vocal range questions?

Hi Alan,

the range seems to be for high voices , more for soprano than tenor than alto - thinking on high voices - the problem is on the fourth staff when it gets too low for this kind if voice. I think you should transposed this part an octave up. Also , it´s better changing the whole music one tune lower because of the last staff , it´s to high to sing it in \"P\" or \"f\" unless you want it in \"FF\". But if you really want an alto singing it , it´s not good writing notes higher than \"G\". Also , try to avoid intervals bigger than ocvate without pause , it´s too difficult for the singer , mainly in fast tempos and take care about the breathing!!!
    If you are looking fot dramatic feelings , mezzo-sopranos are better , altos are good for cold and dark expressions [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !!!

Thank you very much Leogardini, but I am now in contact with a trained vocalist...

Good [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] !!!

Go Back to forum