• Register
  • Help

Topic: Woodwind library w/Non-Vibrato Clarinet?

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind library w/Non-Vibrato Clarinet?

Hi!

I am looking for a solo woodwind library that would work even in a fairly exposed solo setting. I need the clarinet to be non-vibrato!

I hear good things about Dan Dean\'s woodwinds, but I have yet to be convinced by the demoes on his website.

Have any of you got any short mp3s showcasing clarinet, flute and/or oboe/english horn...

What about vrsound.com, XSample, upcoming libraries from Kirk Hunter, Garritan...

Thanks!

Re: Woodwind library w/Non-Vibrato Clarinet?

In the mean time, maybe you want to search the forum (Search link on each page). There is an incredible lot of information to be found in the past topics. Also on woodwinds.
    Success,

Peter

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Malo:
    Hi!

I am looking for a solo woodwind library that would work even in a fairly exposed solo setting. I need the clarinet to be non-vibrato!

I hear good things about Dan Dean\'s woodwinds, but I have yet to be convinced by the demoes on his website.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">They\'re great, especially the clarinet. You will not be disappointed.

Several months ago I did a mockup of the Andante from Peter Rasmussen\'s Quintet in F using Dan Dean woods and solo horn. This piece may give you an idea of Dan\'s samples in a small ensemble setting. http://home.tallships.ca/island/andante.mp3

-Cheers, Gungnir

Hi Gungnir,

I really enjoyed this piece when you originally emailed it to me a few months back. Could you email me, please?

dandean@dandeanpro.com

I really like the NV clarinet in DDSW. I also like the flute and piccolo. I wish the oboe and english horn had a slightly heavier vibrato but they are both still quite nice sounding.

On a related issue, is anyone else surprised by the number of solo clarinet and solo horn samples with vibrato? In my experience, the characteristic sounds of these instruments in a solo classical (and quasi-classical) setting is without vibrato. Even the solo horn demo of the SAM Horns have a medium-light sort of vibrato, which is pretty nice, but a bit non-characteristic.

--Eric

I purchased the Dan Dean woodwinds last week and it was money well spent. I also have the X samples and Advanced Orchestra. I wish I purchased the Dan Dean woodwinds first. They are outstanding! A friend of mine has the Miroslav woodwinds, but I was not overly impressed.

Agreed,

I remember one instance when I hired a clarinet player to replace some sampled parts for a piece I was working on, and he pointed this fact out to me.

I never really questioned it before, but now it seems glaringly apparent to me every time I pull up my Miroslav clarinet.

sg

This post was meant to respond to Eric’s statement about vibrato, not about the quality of Miroslav\'s library (which I like very much, other than clarinet vibrato) sorry for any confusion.

Originally posted by someguy:
    Agreed,

I remember one instance when I hired a clarinet player to replace some sampled parts for a piece I was working on, and he pointed this fact out to me.

I never really questioned it before, but now it seems glaringly apparent to me every time I pull up my Miroslav clarinet.

sg
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum