• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nemesys Registration????!

Share/Bookmark

Nemesys Registration????!

I recently upgraded to Cakewalk Pro Suite 9. With it came Gigasampler LE. After playing with it for a while I thought it was a good tool to have. So I decided to upgrade.

When I installed it, it said I had 5 days to use it without registering?
    Hey, I thought I just bought it?

Then I found out, if I change my hardware, I have to register all over again! My system is not the best, and I\'m always upgrading when I can.

What if they stop supporting this product or they go out of business. We\'re talking hundreds of bucks for samples down the drain because I can\'t get a new registration number?!

I\'m not against protecting their software rights. I don\'t get better products/upgrades if they don\'t make it. But can you imageine re-registering all of your software because you changed the motherboard? this is the only package with this kind of registration I have.

Last night, I got a real scare. I started up Gigasampler and it told me my 5 day period had ended!!!
    I THOUGH I HAD A REGISTRATION NUMBER.
    NOPE!
    I had to send a request with a new registration number to get a new key.
    And I didn\'t even change anything on my computer!

Re: Nemesys Registration????!

That\'s a good point.

More and more software manufacturers are using hardware based serial numbers, like the ones on your hard disk, to ensure that there can be only one instance of their programme running. This is a great way for them to be sure that ten end users don\'t equal one sale.
    However, for some people, hardware is quite disposable. Two months after I bought my system, IBM brought out a faster hard disk with double the capacity.

It\'s a major pain to think that, if I want to use a better piece of hardware, I have to re-register my software.

What WILL we do if something goes wrong at Nemesys? The software could work perfectly but be useless......

Just a couple comments:

1. If the GSampler Full Upgrade registration expires, you drop back to LE functionality....not as good admittedly, but you haven\'t lost complete functionality.

2. The Automatic Registration Server allows you register any time - day,night,weekends, or holidays. www.nemesysmusic.com/registration.html.

3. Our more recent product line (GigaStudio) did away with this sensitive registration requirement.

4. The GigaSampler Licensing Engine has recently been upgraded (in v1.64 of GSampler) and is more stable. www.nemesysmusic.com/products/versions.html

5. I can\'t explain why the licensing engine thought that you were not registered after you didn\'t change anything....maybe the v1.64 update would have prevented that.

6. Under most conditions, you should be able to upgrade your PC without licensing engine problems - with the exception of your harddrive.

7. If anything catistrophic happened at NemeSys, a licenseless version of GSampler would be posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bert:
    Just a couple comments:

1. If the GSampler Full Upgrade registration expires, you drop back to LE functionality....not as good admittedly, but you haven\'t lost complete functionality.

2. The Automatic Registration Server allows you register any time - day,night,weekends, or holidays. www.nemesysmusic.com/registration.html.

3. Our more recent product line (GigaStudio) did away with this sensitive registration requirement.

4. The GigaSampler Licensing Engine has recently been upgraded (in v1.64 of GSampler) and is more stable. www.nemesysmusic.com/products/versions.html

5. I can\'t explain why the licensing engine thought that you were not registered after you didn\'t change anything....maybe the v1.64 update would have prevented that.

6. Under most conditions, you should be able to upgrade your PC without licensing engine problems - with the exception of your harddrive.

7. If anything catistrophic happened at NemeSys, a licenseless version of GSampler would be posted.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, bert, for answering my concerns.

If you don\'t work for Nemesys, I\'m trusting you info.

If you do work for Nemesys, this is more than I\'ve received from them after e-mailing them of my concerns as of a week ago, including my last episode.

Thanks again.

Go Back to forum