• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to play like a human ?

Share/Bookmark

How to play like a human ?

Hello,

I\'m a Halion user. I have \"advanced orchestra Peter Sliedaczek\" vol 1 & 2 (strings ensemble and solo), akai version. Everything I do don\'t seems to be played by a human but by a computer (no legato, etc).
    Can anybody help me ?
    Is there anywhere a tutorial ?

Thanks
    David

Re: How to play like a human ?

Originally posted by sporter:
    Try using a bow controller...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve never heard of these, do they exist or are you trying to be funny? I\'ve seen the wind controllers, and Gary\'s MIDI harp, and obviously the keyboard, but nothing ever for strings...

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by sporter:
    Try using a bow controller...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve never heard of these, do they exist or are you trying to be funny? I\'ve seen the wind controllers, and Gary\'s MIDI harp, and obviously the keyboard, but nothing ever for strings... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"trying\" is a key word here I guess... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Yep, I was just being silly. Sorry.

Okay Sporter, thanks! I know I\'m a newbie and all, which is why I thought maybe I had just over-looked a product I was starting to get excited about, perhaps we should make one, I\'m sure they would sell like hot-cakes... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The most important problem for me is the legato. I miss it, and I don\'t know the solution.

Originally posted by le dayoud:
    The most important problem for me is the legato. I miss it, and I don\'t know the solution.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The solution to that is easy, invest in VSL.

Alan,

There ARE MIDI violin controllers, if that\'s what you mean. I used to play the violin myself and a few years ago I was looking around for something like that to make sampled string parts more realistic.

Unfortunately, they were around the £4,000 mark which was (and still is) far out of my range. Maybe there\'s something cheaper now, I don\'t know.

I\'m sorry I can\'t remember exact model names, but I do remember seeing them advertised with pictures and info.

Ouch that\'s exactly waht I\'m looking for as 90% of my work is solo string stuff...

I will google it for a while and post any links I may find in a new thread so we can stop high-jacking this one...

Thanks!

I can Imagine Herb Tucmandl exactly asking your question five years ago, David.

And now we have the answer :

http://www.vsl.co.at/index_horizon.html

Enjoy.

Regards.

The violin controller is by Zeta, and yes, it IS expensive - look here
    for a post with links.

Dasher

Go Back to forum