• Register
  • Help

Topic: As promised - Capriccio no. 2 Paganini for VSL Solo Violin

Share/Bookmark

As promised - Capriccio no. 2 Paganini for VSL Solo Violin

Capriccio no. 2

This one was really something. Almost every other note has another ProgramChange - Articulation. It was particular hard getting the lower notes - which form the melody line - a bit harsh as on the Youtubes of this piece, but not too much. During the rendering process I had to monitor carefully the accents and tempo. Of course it is all in the score, but those Youtubes gave sufficient help for a better performance.

Now I will have a look at one of Bach's Sonatas. Hopefully I find one with longer note durations for sustains, legatos.
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Raymond

Re: As promised - Capriccio no. 2 Paganini for VSL Solo Violin

Nicely done Raymond! The quality is excellent and I envy the fact that you have the VSL library. I understand that it is complex and not easy to control due to all the different techniques that can be put together to get the proper string bowing actions but to me your attempts are wonderful. I do not know the library nor the program changes you needed to do to make this, so I can't give you any suggestions. I do know that you are meticulous in how you approach your performance files and try to squeeze out as much detail in the rendition as possible. You have succeeded wonderfully in the Capriccio.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

In an other thread I just wrote that we can not even reproduce a violin solo piece on our tools, and her you come with this Capriccio.
    I am not jealous that you have that wonderful library, because I would not have the knowledge and patience to work with it as you can. It is done so well, one just can listen and admire your work.
    Looking forward to Bach...

Ted

Hi Raymond,

Of course this is again a masterpiece of your tech intelligence. We wouldn't expect any less than such a beautiful performance from you. This surpasses the Capriccio 1 by far. This is (what I call) "MUSIC". The first capriccio was very powerful and overwhelming like the performance of a bow athlete, but here, we discover greater musicality in both the piece and in the way you put this down into samples. Now all the merits are yours. It's so difficult to reach a credible performance, and even more since you consider these pieces as practising exercises.

Congratulations! Now the slow movements? Another demanding task!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Looking forward to Bach...

Ted
    Bach is under construction. It will be Sonata for violin and harpsichord BWV 1022. Later I will do one of the Cello suites.

Thank you for your comments,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Raymond,

Now the slow movements? Another demanding task!

Max
    As replied to Ted, Bach is under construction, a kind of IKEA-Bach (BWV 1022 - may not be by Bach but one of his pupils.... who knows). I hate this VSL library!!!! Really almost every note must be moulded and I am not a violinist. So much work. Demanding it is, for sure.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Nicely done Raymond! The quality is excellent and I envy the fact that you have the VSL library. I understand that it is complex and not easy to control due to all the different techniques that can be put together to get the proper string bowing actions but to me your attempts are wonderful. I do not know the library nor the program changes you needed to do to make this, so I can't give you any suggestions. I do know that you are meticulous in how you approach your performance files and try to squeeze out as much detail in the rendition as possible. You have succeeded wonderfully in the Capriccio.
    Hello Rich

Squeezing like lemonjuice. Yes! Hard work, even in my sleep I altered some articulations, added value to some velocities..... When I finished the Bach Sonata I will present the some screenshots of the score and rendering.

Right now, it is summer overhere. 21 degrees Celsius the last day of March, can you imagine? OK, enough of this small talk, back to Bach.

Raymond

Go Back to forum