• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Downloading G-town samples

Share/Bookmark

Downloading G-town samples

I live a community south of Portland that has few options for anything faster than isp (2-4kbs transfer rate.) I really want to download Tob\'s snares and cymbals, but everytime I try I get shut off at about the 19 Mb point (after about 90 minutes of downloading, with my \'moving\' the mouse every 10-15 minutes).

Can anyone suggest a way not to get shut down. Thanks in advance.

Rob

Re: Downloading G-town samples

Rob,

Maybe I can help you by sending you a CD-rom with Tobias\' Gigs, if he agrees (I will ask him first).

But I am in the Netherlands, so the mail may take some time. Maybe there are people closer to you willing to help you with something like this.

Just let me know, mail me at peter @ deltaworks.nl (without the spaces).

Rob,
    If Peter\'s kind offer can\'t be taken up, try these download managers which speed up the process and often allow you to resume a download which is interrupted from the point of interruption.

DAP Download acclerator:
    http://www.speedbit.com/DefaultT.asp?

Getright:
    http://www.getright.com/

Go!Zilla:
    http://gozilla.com/index.htm

Hey, cd\'s are cheap and I\'ve got lots of stamps! Sure, if Tobias says it\'s okay, I\'d be happy to mail them to ya. My email\'s below if you end up needing to send me your mailing nfo. (I\'m in Dallas, Tx btw).

Mike
    michaelangelo450@hotmail.com

Originally posted by MichaelAngelo450:
    Hey, cd\'s are cheap and I\'ve got lots of stamps! Sure, if Tobias says it\'s okay, I\'d be happy to mail them to ya. My email\'s below if you end up needing to send me your mailing nfo. (I\'m in Dallas, Tx btw).

Mike
    michaelangelo450@hotmail.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, feel free to share the G-Town samples. I Dont mind finding them on different sites around the world

/Tobias

Good to hear Tob! Let me take this opportunity to extend a personal thanks for your efforts here. They are greatly appreciated!

Rob, email me if you want me to mail you a cd with all the G-Town stuff on it. My address is michaelangelo450@hotmail.com

MichaelAngelo450,

Thanks for the kind offer. Let me try Chadwick\'s suggestion first to see if that speeds it along enough. Thanks to both of you for your kindness. And Tob - your samples sound terrific - thanks for your providing them.

Rob

MichaelAngelo450,

Thanks so much for mailing me the Gtown/TJ/Sam Horns sounds. I appreciate your doing this for me.

Tob / TJ:

I am so impressed with the quality and \'usefulness\' of your samples. Thanks for making them available to us!

Rob

Hey Rob,

I really hope you mean Sam Trumpets, they are free. The Sam Horns cost $99 and haven\'t been officially released yet. I know I have a preorder in. I find the trumpets very useful and personally can\'t wait for the horns.

Steve

Go Back to forum