• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Alternative to Symphony of Voices??

Share/Bookmark

Alternative to Symphony of Voices??

Can anyone recommend a good, less expensive alternative to SOV? Can I make do with Atmosphere, perhaps?

-brian

Re: Alternative to Symphony of Voices??

Depends what you need it for. Atmosphere is pads, SOV is human voices, oohs and ahhs etc.

I don\'t have SOV, so I don\'t know it\'s exact content. However, I do have Quantum Leap Voices of the Apocalypse. VotA is very good, but I would use it mostly for dramatic/intense stuff. It is very well done, and contains many pitches vowels and consonants. The vowels are sustained, and loop. You can adjust vibrato with the modwheel, using crossfading from non-vibrato samples to vibrato samples.

You my also like Diva. (I don\'t have that one either.) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Diva is female soloists, so if you need male choirs, you\'re out of luck with Diva.

Good luck!

Vota can be used for lamenting stuff as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Miroslav Vitous got a Choir, too.

Both are in the same prive region of SOV so I doubt they\'ll be interesting as far as money goes.

It really depends on what you are planning to do.

Oh, yea... Peter\'s... forget that, heh.
    \"Ext. Clas. Choir\" is quite okay and already in Giga Format.

http://www.bestservice.de/group.asp?uid=455028a213p84p171p119&lng=3&area=2&g roup=8&typ=1&idx=1&flg=grp

Here\'s the an overview at BestService of current Choir Libraries... No Miroslav Choir, though.

If you don\'t need it this moment, Bela D Media is currently producing VOCI, a HUGE choir lib, a 64 member choir!

I think it would be hard to substitute SOV. I bought it last year and it was 5 of the best hundred bucks I\'ve ever spent. I love it. I think Bela\'s products will be great and I\'ll likely buy all of them this year, but I doubt any of them will replace/be equal to SOV. That\'s my 2¢

J-

I think SOV is a great value. I\'ve converted my Akai disks to Giga and created some nice crossfade layers for sustaining pads like ahs-ees, ohs-oos, etc. I mostly use the pop vocals, but the boys choir and solo voices are very nice as well. The Gregorian voices are useful for atmospheric treatments. For me, this library has held up very well over the years.

Kevin

Don\'t forget vocaloid. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ben H

Go Back to forum