• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Best Orchestral STRINGS at the moment

Share/Bookmark

Best Orchestral STRINGS at the moment

What library has the best Strings Section? GOS? EWQLSO Platinum? It doesn\'t matter how much it costs (well...it does, but quality is more important). And I mean the best \"sound\" and also articulations & playability....

Re: Best Orchestral STRINGS at the moment

[QUOTE][QB] What library has the best Strings Section?

VSL. Period.

Im sure that most people now say VSL -because its legato tool. But bor me, best sounding strings are SISS...

And some layer both VSL ans SISS to achieve the best possible sound.

Besides the Legato tool, I think VSL requires more work (programming the different sections) to produce a lush string sound while SISS has very convincing full strings patches right out of the box.

Also, from what I heard from the demos, is that VSL is the best in performing fast passages.

------------
    Alex Cremers

thank you.

So it\'s VSL or SSIS.....Where does the GOS stand up? It is a bit older, but how far is it from the above two (as playability)?

I never Liked GOS -for me it sounds artifacial and needs many EQ before use. Im more into \"outofthebox\"

I\'ve actually found that layering the KH Solo Strings into my larger sections (VSL+SISS) to be very useful. When I\'m trying to work faster, I tend to exclude the VSL portion and work with KH+SISS. Only reason I mention it is that KHSS is a less expensive layering solution than Huge Lib1 + Huge Lib2, and the articulation switching in KH can help to facilitate faster ensemble work when you don\'t want to load lots of articulations for every string section of the \"bigger\" library.

If I had to pick only one ensemble? VSL for sure. Warm, full, and incredibly responsive.

I think Garry recently mentioned a GOS 2 coming which will be adapted for GS3...

Originally posted by handz:
    I never Liked GOS -for me it sounds artifacial and needs many EQ before use. Im more into \"outofthebox\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree. It has a squeeky type sound. I always hear some kind of \"dirt\" in the mix. I\'ve ended up not using it because I can never get it to sound right without a lot of EQ. I like a nice warm string sound, not a shrill one.

I love combination of VSL, GOS detache and Ultimate Strings Euro patch...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast