• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Best horns I ever heard!!

Share/Bookmark

Best horns I ever heard!!

ok.. can it be better than this: http://betademos.projectsam.com/samhorns_demo_tutorial.mp3

This is the sound Ive allways wanted..
    Maarten, when will you do Bones and Trumpets?? And when will you record your True Strike???

Keep up the good work!

/Tobias

Re: Best horns I ever heard!!

I\'m glad I heard that demo.
    Thanks Tob, and thanks for the samples you did.

What a steal for $99 on pre-order. Worth several times that. These samples are still IMHO the closest you will get to film music type Horns.

Gulliver. That\'s right, in fact I was playing with the sustains patch the other day, on top of Danny Elfman\'s Spiderman score and I\'m not kidding when I say the horns were actually PHASING at some points [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (That\'s how similar in tone they are)

They sit awesome in an orchestral mix and play real well. At $99 it IS a steal.

I just hope people realize this. That $99 doesn\'t mean bad quality or lack of variation. On the contrary. The amount of variations and articulations makes it the most flexible horn library out there, not to mention the film score sound you won\'t get anywhere else.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad for his horns or something. You rarely see me praising sample libraries, but this one is an exception. I\'m really overwhelmed by Maarten\'s achievement here.

Buy it if you can afford it, I\'m pretty sure you wont be disappointed.

Thomas

Ditto TOb. Fantastic ensemble French Horn tone.

What a steal for $99 on pre-order. Worth several times that.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shhh! He doesn\'t know that! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well, I like everything the SAM team did for free, and now that we will be paying %100 more, I am sure it will be that much better.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

These horns sound great - I don\'t think it comes much better than this!

Congratulation Maarten - I think you are going to do just great with this library!!

PS. How did you get Tony Blair to do the voiceover? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The horns are definitely great guys. Maarten and the rest of the SAM team did a fantastic job. The ambience is really a MAJOR plus and the marc/sustains have that great FF \'Hollywood\' type sound.

GRAB IT! You won\'t be sorry. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well - we have some excellent demos from an excellent library. Congrats!

By the way... How can we live with Bass Bones if we could have SAM Bones? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hansi

Go Back to forum