• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Horns articulations

Share/Bookmark

SAM Horns articulations

Just wanted to let all you potential SAM Horners (hmm??) know that the amount of different articulations will really make a difference when composing with these great sounding horns. I did a demo where I used only three patches for the whole piece - a staccato patch, a sustains MW patch and a \'basic\' patch which includes several lengths of velocity switched portatos, accessed through keyswitching. And then I havent even started using all the effects and glissandos etc... I did a fake trill too, using a portato articulations layered with staccatos - worked great IMHO - little did I know that there was an actual trill patch)

Re: SAM Horns articulations

These guys are programming this library from the perspective of what an end user (composer) actually needs to be more efficient. Anytime a library allows me to spend more time composing and less \'tweaking\' (sorry King, your brilliant at this) I am all for it. I can\'t wait to get my copy.

Simon, post some of your work using these FH\'s. Thanks.

Rob

I agree Rob, 100%
    Instead of going with the creative flow, I become disembodied by the programing necessary to articulate textures in my mind\'s ear.

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Just wanted to let all you potential SAM Horners (hmm??) know that the amount of different articulations will really make a difference when composing with these great sounding horns.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How much will they cost and when are they coming out?

Thanks,
    Rick

Agree 100%

I think the library will be $99 plus shipping and any VAT (value added tax). The Vat could be as high as 19% (best guess). But as I see it - this is still an excellent value.

Rob

The library comes out September 23rd (or so says projectsam.com)

Be sure to take note of the solo horn thing while you\'re there - it\'s influenced many to pre-order.

(wow, it\'s hard not to sound like a commercial! ah well. I pre-ordered my copy without hesitation, and am already thanking myself long before its arrival)

Hey Rob,

Believe me. SAM is an awesome lib, but it can still take to tweaking very well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not saying it needs it, but its got so many great options already, that some tweaking in MIDI performances works really well.

It\'s going to be so cool when we can have more simultaneous dimensions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum