• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vintaudio Ultimate Yamaha C7 New Pop Full Mix Demo :)

Share/Bookmark

Vintaudio Ultimate Yamaha C7 New Pop Full Mix Demo :)

Hi all, here\'s a full mix demo featuring the Ultimate Yamaha C7, the first one is the Ambient Perspective, I\'ll be doing the CLose Miked and Player Perspective with the same backing track, I\'ll try and post them both tommorow.

www.vintaudio.com/AmbientPOP2.mp3

Some notes on the demo, I created the beginning drum loop and then improvised the piano on top of the drum loop and then recorded the other tracks after the piano which was a first take non edited.Absolutly no EQ or effects were added to the Yamaha C7, what you hear is the raw samples. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It sounds a bit Musakish but the point is to hear the piano in a full band context, I think the demo serves this context well.

Try and guess what plays the rest of the instruments, I\'ll give you a hint, there\'s one VSTI used and the rest comes from a keyboard.

18 days left to the Ultimate Yamaha 25% off sale at $149.95 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Please note there are many many solo demos on the website if you want to hear the piano in solo without any effects or EQ. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vntaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: Vintaudio Ultimate Yamaha C7 New Pop Full Mix Demo :)

Franky

Great job! Piano sounds really nice : Bright yet mellow. Definately can stand out in a mix.

So what other samples were used in your creation?

Is this Giga or Kontakt version?

Pretty good for a rough draft.

Dave

Sounds great! The piano is a standout but the whole mix sounds really good.

I don\'t know if it\'s just the mp3 file but I\'m hearing a slight glitch in the audio around :37.

Please let us know what other samples you\'re using and how the mix came together. Nice work!

Looper

Gosh Franky, that piece reminds of Bruce Hornsby (and Steve Winwood on the Hammond?)!
    Great atmosphere...and the piano sounds absolutely lovely. A very good demo!

Thx Dalamein [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    The demo was done using the Kontakt 24 bit version.

I\'ll hold off telling you what I used to do it and how I mixed it, I think you\'ll all be very surprised, come on guys take a few guesses on what keyboard and VSTI was used !

Michiel, hehe yah some Winwood type influence there, I even had the Mini Moog solo line going in there but it was too Winwoodish so I took it out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thx for the nice comments looper, yeah there\'s something going on at 37 secs, I\'ll check it more clearly but this demo was done really really quick so I guess it can\'t be perfect [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

I really dig this sound Franky.
    I can hear it sounding good in a lot of situations.
    Love the overtones...

Thx Patrick ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Michael, thank you so much for the compliments on my demos, I really love the people you mentionned and you hit it right on the money , that is exactly my kind of music and the style of piano I love and try to get better at.

As for the instruments used in the demo well you really surprised me there, you got it all right [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    VSTI used was B4 and the rest was played directly from a YAMAHA S90 which uses the MOTIF sounds.

For the Giga version on sale, please email me at : info@vintaudio.com, or better yet check your private messages you got mail ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Hi Franky,

I really like the C7 piano. On your website I listened to some of the demos for Giga and it sounds like Matt Rollings (pianist for Trisha Yearwood and Mary Chapin Carpenter)is in the studio, excellent!

I\'ll stick my neck out and guess that the Hammond is from the B4, that\'s a great, realistic Hammond sound. The keyboard? Hmmm, maybe a Yamaha Motif?

Does that $149 sale price include the Giga version as well?

Regards,
    Michael

Hi Looper, here\'s how the demo developed.

I had a basic idea about what I wanted to do with this demo which was start solo build in a drum loop and frinish off strong with full pop band kinda thing.

I started by creating the drum loop you hear at the beginning from scratch (I always prefer creating my own drum loops) This drum kit I used is from the YAMAHA S90, in fact every sound you hear besides the Grand Piano and B3 organ comes from the S90.

Once I had the loop copied over for about 3 minutes, I simply improvised the piano part.
    Once the piano was done I added the Bass and drums and then the strings pad. After that I added the guitars and B3 organ.

For the mix I simply selected everything except the piano bass and BD and put a EQ on that group with all the instruments 12k +2db and 60hz +0.8 DB
    Put a Waves Rcomp on there at -4db treshold ratio of 1.86, that\'s it nothing else was done. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The whole process took about 1 hour and 30 minutes

Kidly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Close Miked version of the demo coming later today [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio

Go Back to forum