• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A short thank you piece

Share/Bookmark

A short burst of inspiration

Isn't inspiration a gift! This one came suddenly and went from start to finish in 3 hours. It's for full orchestra and piano.

Piano is GAS. Strings are from Dimension pro, all other orchestral instruments are GPO.

https://app.box.com/s/aosud9liqyv00t6rgxt7

Regards to all, and sorry I haven't been commenting much on everyone else's work. I will improve on that soon, I promise!

Owen

__________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: A short thank you piece

What a lovely theme. It has great character and beauty. It may be short but it packs quite a dramatic punch. The orchestration sounds great and the engineering is excellent as well. My only complaint is that I would love to hear this expanded into a much more developed piece.

Nice work!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thanks, Rich. I agree, the structure of the piece is waaay too compressed. It could well be worked to a longer piece. Anyway, it was a practically improvised burst of inspiration at midnight last night, so as such, I am pleased how it turned out.

Absolutely beautiful. I don't know how you or anyone else is gonna take this but it reminds me of music that I used to compose but now my mind tends to get in the way of my heart. I need to let my heart take control again. I would love to hear more horn in the full tutti.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Absolutely beautiful. I don't know how you or anyone else is gonna take this but it reminds me of music that I used to compose but now my mind tends to get in the way of my heart. I need to let my heart take control again. I would love to hear more horn in the full tutti.
    Rod
    No doubt, this was 100% heart! Represents exactly how I was feeling at the time, spewed out in 3 hours last night.

Do you mean more trumpet? Horns are just doing an accompaniment pattern, but trumpets have a counter melody.

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    No doubt, this was 100% heart! Represents exactly how I was feeling at the time, spewed out in 3 hours last night.

Do you mean more trumpet? Horns are just doing an accompaniment pattern, but trumpets have a counter melody.
    I love it when horns have the ripping counter-melodies while trumpets take the lead.

Music to ease the heart. Just beautiful, and the style and content I love.

Ted

Beautiful piece, very expressive, yet handled in a very restrained way (that's a good thing!). Economical, to the point - the length, for me, is just right. Great rendering, too

Really lovely.

Thanks for posting this.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

That's really nice, young chap. Jolly Olde England's loss is America's gain!

You did a masterful writing job and I like it very much.

Thanks for letting us hear your fine music. Smashing!

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

What a wonderful piece and such a brilliant nicely built orchestration. You did a terrific job!

Thanks for sharing,

Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast