This thread is here to give all challenge writers a chance to explain there project and how it was done, as Randy had suggested in the Final outcome announcement thread.
Here is a description on my entry into the Challenge 29.
I got a real chuckle out of the narrative that englishgent provided as the basis for the musical challenge. The idea of a commercial ad with narrative was an excellent twist on the challenges we have had in the past and his voice-over was excellent in quality (thank you englishgent).
With the narrative in mind, I decided that "God Save the Queen" had to be in the musical background some how and I didn't want to detract from its honored status in England as the National Anthem. I made sure that when the Queen was mentioned, the music "God Save the Queen" was obvious. What probably wasn't obvious was the opening and closing fanfares in the brass were developed from melodic motives in the the Anthem. The quiet section in the woodwinds and strings was the opening section of "God Save the Queen" in retrograde.
After developing the musical score. I put the music into Sonar and made sure (cut and paste) that the narrative was moved into places that fit the texture of the musical score. I also EQ'ed and changed the length of some of the narrative to make sure the piece of the narrative fit the spot in the musical score it was intended for. For that matter, I extended some of the note lengths in the score to make things fit better to the narrative.
All of my instruments were from GPO4. The musical score was done in Finale and the production was finished in Sonar X2.
This was fun to do and I had a good time listening to all the contestants approach to the challenge. I hope we get even more participants (and voters) in a new challenge. It would be nice to keep this going. I don't think prizes are necessary but they were nice to have this time and I thank Ted Vanya, Randy Bowser and englishgent for offering them.