• Register
  • Help

Topic: Morphology...anyone use it?

Share/Bookmark

Morphology...anyone use it?

Well, now that soundsonline is having another great sale, I obviously have to but something new!!!

So, what do you guys think about Morphology? I am looking for a great LEAD synth. I own Atmosphere already, but it doesn\'t have the type of lead sounds I\'m after. It\'s great for evolving pads, etc...just not \"that\" lead sound.

Also, what type of CP does it use? If it uses a dongle,I\'m not going for it.

Thanks!

Re: Morphology...anyone use it?

Anyone? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Noone at all?

Vanguard comes out tomorrow I believe and looks like it\'ll be a pretty cool lead synth.

http://www.refx.net/news.htm

Devon

If you want the ultimate lead softsynth, check out the minimoog V.

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you played around with this a lot yet, Houston?. How does it compare to the original masterpiece?.

I\'ve been seriously considering Morphology too... seems like a pretty good collection of soundscapes and pads. I\'d also like to hear from anyone who\'s had a chance to use it.

Hey Houston,

Thanks for that, very much appreciated!.

What you say about it being the soft hard-wired equivalent of the modular is very interesting. I\'ve restricted myself to just a few softsynths this past year and haven\'t checked out the modular version but I think I\'ll have to test both now.

I dunno know. I wasnt impressed by the demos at all. Theres tons of freeware vstis that can create good lead sounds with ease. As far as pads and atmos go i think Atmosphere sounds better.

But yes, a user review would be helpfull.

Someone take one for the team and buy it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by T Parks:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you played around with this a lot yet, Houston?. How does it compare to the original masterpiece?. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I got to alpha test the minimoog V before it hit the road at NAMM. The raw sound is scary-real when compared to the original. In the same way that the original was a sub-set of pre-wired modules taken from the large modular synth, the same can be said about the minimoog V - it draws from its larger sibling, Arturia\'s Modular Moog V. Both of these synths have the endorsement of Bob Moog himself.

Since the minimoog V has extras like a polyphony selector (up to 32 notes per instance), independent LFO, an arpeggiator, a small modulation matrix and MIDI-syncable stereo effects, I can\'t see how anyone could go wrong with this axe.

There\'s also a way that you can use it as a VST (of other type of) virtual effect, by selecting it as a an insert or send effect, and then avail yourself to the filter by using the \"audio input\" on the back panel (switched on via a front panel selector), just like the original. This isn\'t just an emulation of the sound of the Minimoog oscillators and filters - this is a convincing emulation and extension of the original synth as it truly functioned. The minimoog V is the real deal. They\'ll even let you select any of three different cabinet styles that encased various styles of the original. That\'s just cool. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I also got the chance to review the English translation of their documentation, and they did a good job of taking folks through the rudiments of subtractive synthesis. There are a few simple tutorials on how to create and edit patches as well as take advantage of the new features. So, new folks will get a solid background on the fundamentals as well as taking a shot at the newer features without fear of getting lost.

Anyone who might have been a bit intimidated by the large modular system with all of its patch cords should difinitely give this axe a look. The street price should make it very affordable for anyone interested in adding an analog emulation to their virtual studio. Look for a delivery and pricing announcement in the next few weeks.

Go Back to forum