• Register
  • Help

Topic: Swinging Telemann

Share/Bookmark

Swinging Telemann

Another attempt to 'catch' swinging baroque music in samples. That kind of music has the advantage that the original score leaves many ways open for interpretation and instrumentation. This is however in the original setting, but with some free adaptation of rhythm and dynamics. Even the bowing techniques and articulations are subject to free choices. When listening to various performances and recordings, so many different approaches turn up. That's really the beauty of the compact writing style of 18the century music.

Libraries: VSL Chamber Orchestra + GPO oboe
    All entries and tweaking in Notion, mixing and effects in Logic Pro X

I hope you enjoy it!

Harlequinade (by G.F. Telemann)

Max

Re: Swinging Telemann

Hi Max,

the wife asked me when entering the musicroom: "what are you doing?" "Nothing", I replied, "just swinging with Telemann". "Telewho?" "Yes", not Telewho, but Telemann."

Raymond

Beautiful sounds, incredible work, truly a pleasure to listen, thanks Max

Ted

Thanks, Raymond and Ted for passing by and listening!

Max

My brain lit up when it got wind of what was in store after reading your text intro - It's always an incredible treat when you post music here, Max. This is simply scrumptious - Enjoyed it immensely.

Randy

the wife asked me when entering the musicroom: "what are you doing?" "Nothing", I replied, "just swinging with Telemann". "Telewho?" "Yes", not Telewho, but Telemann.
    Dr. Who?

Definitely not your mainstream Telemann but such a pleasure to listen to. Nicely done.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Ahhh! A nice happy piece Max. Kind of sounds renaissance-like to me! Must be the harpsichord! Thanks for sharing a nice soothing composition. I enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Richard

Go Back to forum