• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Group "Handclaps" gig needed

Share/Bookmark

Group "Handclaps" gig needed

Dear GigaFriends;

Anyone have or know of a gig of a group doing handclaps, ie Gospel Choir?

Preferably a freebie, but will entertain a commercial release...

Regards,
    --Doug

Re: Group "Handclaps" gig needed

EMU has a great preset called \"The Clap\". There are a lot of different samples from loose to tight.

DD

Hi!
    I found some excellent choir handclaps on the Vocal Planet CD I just purchased, which was produced by Eric Persing and distributed by Ilio.
    I had to convert them from Akai to Gig.

I did a demo with the claps in there for a gospel song and they worked well.

http://www.brokenrecords.com/mp3/2.mp3

This is only a quickie demo, but you can hear the claps. All the choir and preacher is from the Vocal Planet.

The jazzy backround vocals are from the Jazz section of Vocal Planet.

We\'ll be replacing my lousy singing ith real singers, and the fake sax with the real thing...

Nice groove, Keith. What\'s the bass?

Dasher

Vocal Planet...Gospel hand claps!!

A friend of mine was listening to a pop ballad I did. He said \'Man, I love the claps...the reverb is just right!\"

And I\'m thinking \'Those are Vocal Planet\'s claps. And I didn\'t add any reverb because they sounded great already!!

Thanks Dasher, its really ruff at this point, just a sketchpad for a publisher to see if they like the direction Im taking the idea.

The bass is from the Roland Bass and Drums card.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Yeah, another vote here for Vocal Planet, handclaps and all. Truly, one of the best sample libraries of all time.

Doug, sorry this doesn\'t help you in your search for \"cheap or free,\" because of course, Vocal Planet is neither. It is, however, a total moneymaker and is one of those libraries that would pay for itself in no time at all.

I\'d suggest getting some friends together and just recording one...that\'ll be the easiest and cheapest way. Or, if you\'ve tracked handclaps before, just go back to those productions and lift the samples off the tracks.

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I will explore the Vocal Planet libraries as an option.

Regards,
    --Doug

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Not that Vocal Planet is not a WONDERFUL library, because it is...but if handclaps are all you need, that\'s definitely not its overriding function.

But I would certainly say that if you produce commercial music for a living, you would want both Symphony of Voices AND Vocal Planet. Some of the larger ensesmble patches are a bit dated by their \"RAM-generation\" construction (although still useful), but the wealth of what I\'d call \"stock vocalisms\" is enough to get you through years and years and years of work.

I would say that without qualification about anything that Eric Persing has produced. This would sound like an unabashed suck-up if it weren\'t so universally recognized. Eric is just one of those guys who has an amazing ear for what works in a commercial/production setting.

I wish there were a library that had male and female pop vocal backround oohs and aahss. I like the Take 6 Jazz vocals on Vocal Planet, but there isnt any smooth, plain ooh and ahhhhs, its doop, bap, stuff on there and thats not very useful to me.
    Im not sure where they were going with the Blues section on there... There\'s nothing useful to me on that part of the library..

Does anyone have the Vocal Planet, and am I missing something on there???

Or, does anyone know of a library that has pop BGVs that are chormatically sampled that you can sequence?

Thanks!

Go Back to forum