• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sound Expo 2004

Share/Bookmark

Sound Expo 2004

I went this year (Thursday), having never been before I really enjoyed it. Next year I will go to at least 2 of the 3 days.

I saw a demonstration of VSL which totally amazed me. The repetition and legato tools are to die for. I played with the solo violin legato patch and I almost fainted... some guy bought it right there, and Im only mentioning it because I swear he was in one of those LANS pics I had seen (I wonder who is was) They also played a section of Maartens Horizen demo and one of Jazz2k\'s(ThomasB) demos. The demo guy was cool too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Spectrasonics had a stand too, albeit briefly as they were all on rotation at the Time and Space stand. The Stylus RMX is the future. You can import any rex or groove control (probably acid too) file and it just converts it all. You can then effect the different sounds of the snares, bass drums or WHATEVER and its so easy! I cant believe I have to wait for September to get this!! The Grooves are amazing as well. I forgot to ask if I still needed the midi files though. The demo guy was cool too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Vocaloid was demoed as well! I know because I heard one of the demo songs being played while I was gazing at the Sonar stand. Now my reaction is that Lola sounds really great when played as backing singers, but god awful when trying to be a real singer in a solo situation. Could still be usefull though.

There was a film music talk at 2 (maybe 3) on that day and not only was it a huge plug for Apple and Garage Band, but the rest of the talk he just started explaining how a sequencer worked! We are talking really basic stuff. He\'d say stuff like \"and here is the video window... Ill just make it a bit smaller.. oh I cant, Ill just move it out of the way... I\'ll just press play, and look its playing how amazing is that. Now lets mute this track and...\"...and... then I left. It was a disgrace.

Did anyone else go?

Who was that man I saw?

Did I miss anyone big? Like Eric Percing? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I wish East West was there to show me QLSO, maybe I missed them. I am sold on Opus though, VSL is truly remarkable.

Ed

Re: Sound Expo 2004

Originally posted by Ed:
    The Stylus RMX is the future. You can import any rex or groove control (probably acid too) file and it just converts it all. You can then effect the different sounds of the snares, bass drums or WHATEVER and its so easy! I cant believe I have to wait for September to get this!! The Grooves are amazing as well. I forgot to ask if I still needed the midi files though. The demo guy was cool too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did I miss anyone big? Like Eric Persing? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ed,

No...you didn\'t miss me (cause I wasn\'t there!)

Sounds like my good friend Diego Stocco did a great job demoing Stylus RMX and the new S.A.G.E. technology though.....glad you liked it!

September will be a very nice month indeed!

For those coming to Musikmesse, I will be there at the Spectrasonics booth and please don\'t hesitate to come by and say hello (and get the special SAGE preview too!)

All the best from Burbank,

spectrum

Go Back to forum