• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Solaris" rip off.......

Share/Bookmark

"Solaris" rip off.......

What would you use/buy? I need something similar...

Thanks!

Re: "Solaris" rip off.......

Are you talking about that God awful movie with George \"My career is fading\" Clooney? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Kid,

I would use my Waldorf Q, but if I was getting something specialy for that sound...ummm..
    I would say Absynth....I don\'t have it, but I played around with it couple of times and it\'s all about big round basses, bells and rhytmic envelopes..

Jared,

I tought the movie was really good, and the score was even better..what was so awful about it?

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    Kid,

Jared,

I tought the movie was really good, and the score was even better..what was so awful about it?

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ever seen the original film?

Hey Kid,

I just got a film in & they use a lot of the Solaris score as the temp. I have Absynth 2 & Atmosphere and they\'re both working great for that sort of vibe. Hope that helps.

Cheers!

-David

Kid,
    I actually just bought/love the soundtrack. Very underrated and beautiful. After seeing the Movie ,I thought the music was Tangerine Dream!
    Personally, I`d rather listen to Cliff Martinez do that style that Phillip Glass(yawn..) Alot of the underpinnings behind the orch. i believe are effected Steel drums and industrial barrels. Tassman 3 is good at recreating some of these things OR/and Reactor. Theres also those high ethereal bells(glocks?). VSL mallets with tons of delay/low mids might cover some of that. If u listen closely some have that backward sucking effect as well. Sam`s might do the Horn swells and SISS would be great at the high sord. and trem. strings. Anyways, that \"score\" is brilliantly effective for the Movie, thats for sure..Rich

Cliff Martinez is one of the best IMHO check out his score for \"The Limey\" . Tangerine Dreams Soundtracks were\'nt bad. The best being \"thief\" and \"sorcerer\". There records where much better though. Check out \"Rubycon, Pheadra, Richochet and Atem. Stunning stuff. Anyone willing to set up a bunch of modular synths in a cathedral get\'s my vote http://star.arm.ac.uk/~ath/music/td/images/td4.gif

As to the sounds Absynth is what you want . Download a demo here http://www.native-instruments.com/

Ed

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Jared Hudson:
    Are you talking about that God awful movie with George \"My career is fading\" Clooney? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Clooney\'s a pretty damn good actor, and a nice guy who puts a lot of his money into projects that pay other artists. I don\'t think you\'d have found a better lead for \"O Brother...\" anywhere. What\'s up with the dis? He\'s a very decent fellow.

The original Solaris is the best film I\'ve ever seen. Tarkovsky was a genius and remakes are stupid. Sometimes I wonder why directors even bother trying to make a great film when, if they succeed, a few decades later some untalented idiot (ie Soderberg) will just remake it.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Jared Hudson:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Clooney\'s a pretty damn good actor, and a nice guy who puts a lot of his money into projects that pay other artists. I don\'t think you\'d have found a better lead for \"O Brother...\" anywhere. What\'s up with the dis? He\'s a very decent fellow. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I thought Jared was being ironic. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Clooney is one of the strongest box office draws today, coupled with his rising star as a director I think he\'s going to be around for a while.

Everyone\'s answer to anything about synths in this forum seems to go back to Absynth and Atmosphere, so who am I to argue with the herd? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum