• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy Birthday to GOS (present inside)

Re: Happy Birthday to GOS (present inside)

Congrats Gary! Same birthday as myself!

GOS is a wonder. I\'m sure it is the start of many, many fruitful years for you and all the people who worked (work) on it.

Best of luck. You have produced much more than a great library. You have created a model for the future of this sector; a living, breathing, interactive, self-correcting musical instrument; a community.

Thanks to everyone who contributed more than their time to do something that makes a cranky old fart very happy.

Happy Birthday GOS (and Z6 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
    And many thanks to all involved in making this library.

PS thanks also for present [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Happy birthday Gary and Z6 and thank you for your the harmonics. I\'m sure I can find some use for them [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Happy Birthday GOS

It\'s libraries like this which push the Nemesys guys to make Giga that much better.

Thanks for the gift as well Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Gary! Ya know I was going to call and ask if there was any possibility that you were going to loop the harmonics....Well, you guys are always one step ahead! Great! Happy Birthday GOS!

-Matt Mariano

Yo! Gar! Happy B-Day GOS!

(and many more.....)

Now if only you could get Tom to figure out a way to download a slice of German Dutch Chocolate Cake (sans the candles).

Happy Birthday GOS

Congratulations, and enjoy!!!

Wait... The slice is gone... Peter??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

It wasn’t Peter – I confess. I made the cuts in the cake and then (drat!) grabbed the small part. That was the part I intended to leave for everyone else . . . you can bet I won’t make the same mistake next year.

Orcas Island

Happy Birthday to GOS (present inside)

Greetings Maestros and Members!

We are pleased to announce the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of GOS. It was one year ago, on August 31, 2001 that the first GOS library shipped. A great deal has happened in a year! How time flies!

We never expected the huge success that GOS would be. After all, it was a labor of love and we had a great deal of fun developing it. There\'s no way one individual could have done this and I can honestly say that we couldn\'t have done it without this forum.

The first big THANK YOU goes to PapaChalk & DeSound for creating and hosting this forum. They are to be commended for making NS the fantastic place that it is. I would like to especially thank to Tom Hopkins (who is now several years older) for his tireless and superhuman work. Thanks to the beta testers (all from NS) who contributed so much, especially Ashif and Jeff, and the many others out there (who I will not name for fear of forgetting anyone - you know who you are!). Thanks to the GOS Maestros who shared their mp3s, update contributions, kind words, suggestions and tips. Also thank you Tascam for providing this amazing technology. And I truly want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help and support you\'ve given.

We thought there would be no better way of celebrating this joyous occasion than by giving you a present. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Here are some looped harmonics for your enjoyment:
    1st Violins Looped Harmonics
    Violas Looped Harmonics
    Cellos Looped Harmonics
    (Tip: For a great effect, try layering harmonics onto a sustained chord. It\'s like hearing extra rosin and it will add more dimension.)

Again, \"Thank You!\" all for an incredible year. The best is yet to come.

Gary Garritan

Hey save a slice fer me!

Way to go Gary and team, happy birthday GOS and definitely many more!

Go Back to forum