• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24 + KeySwitch

EXS24 + KeySwitch

I\'m happy to say that I stumbled into the fact that the latest version of EXS does GIGA-style keyswitching!! Can\'t wait to try out my Garritan Strings with this excellent performance option... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: EXS24 + KeySwitch

EXS24 is a great sampling platform!

Last month I released the Bosendorfer Imperial in native EXS24 format as a 24 bit sampled piano, and it is the only 24 bit sampled piano in the world.

Later this week I will also be releasing the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" and \"Classic Accordions\" in native EXS24 format as well, which will also be 24 bit sampled instruments.

The key switching with the sustain controller for the pedal down samples and \"decay release\" on note off release samples for instruments that have a natural decay on sustained notes, such as pianos and plucked stringed instruments such as guitars, works beautifully.

Bardstown Audio

Is there a comprehensive list of EXS 24\'s capabilities somewhere?

I heard it still doesn\'t do velocity layer xfading and other basics like that....is that true?

The Emagic web site seems a bit devoid of the good info!

The info is a bit out of date, but here\'s a link:

PS: some of the info that should be updated: you can have up to 64 EXS samplers in one sequence and it imports GIGA. It\'s nothing fancy in terms of modulation/transformation of sounds, but for bread-and-butter sample playback, it\'s hard to beat.

PPS: yes, it\'s true that it doesn\'t do velocity x-fade yet, but I\'m sure it will very soon. Anyhow, I wouldn\'t call that a \'basic\' sampler function - it\'s more \'advanced\'.

It\'s amazing how quickly the \"advanced\" features become basic needs.

6 months ago I didn\'t know what velocity xfading was, now I don\'t think I could live without it!

Nonetheless, I am sure that with Apple at the controls, the whole Logic line will get better and better!

Go Back to forum