• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question to Randy B. concerning Tempo settings in SONAR

Share/Bookmark

Question to Randy B. concerning Tempo settings in SONAR

Hi Randy,

it is SONAR 8.5.3. I know how to set the tempi using the windowpane Alt-9. Once set off we go, but after several listening sessions I decide that the whole lot is a bit too fast and should be lowered by let's say 15%. At all places in SONAR and couldn't find such a function. Did I overlook something or are there other solutions to this problem (instead of drawing them again).

Greetings,

Raymond

Re: Question to Randy B. concerning Tempo settings in SONAR

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    ...are there other solutions to this problem (instead of drawing them again)?...
    Alas, there are not other solutions, Raymond. You've hit upon something that often causes grumbling among Sonar users - Maybe it's different in the X series, I don't know, but in 8.5, once you have the tempo map in place, there isn't a routine to change it by a percentage like that. It would be so convenient wouldn't it? You do indeed have to re-draw everything. - I've done that a few times myself.

Just don't get too crazy trying to make it EXactly Precisely a certain amount slower. Eyeball it, draw it by hand, just keep your eye on the original line as you draw, aiming to keep the space between your new and old lines about the same.

Turn that snap off, of course, or you'll be locked to the grid.

Take a deep breath and dig in - Just do heed the advice to not get insanely meticulous. A few BPMs in either direction is simply not going to be noticed.

Randy

Re: Question to Randy B. concerning Tempo settings in SONAR

Thank you, Randy.

Raymond

Go Back to forum