• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilogy Question

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy Question

I am using the 4 string modern rock, fingered bass (full range A). Every time a note stops there is a popping sound!! Anyone else notice this? Am I just not using the VSTi properly?

-brian

Re: Trilogy Question

The first and original trilogy is still the best. The prequels suck.

------------
    Alex cremers

Layer B contains the release noise - if you\'re playing quietly this can be very noticeable. A solution would be to simply turn it down or switch it off in the 2 channel mixer (top left in the gui).

It still occurs with channel B\'s volume all the way down. I have attached an mp3 showing what I mean. It was done with the Old School 4 string, but every one has same behavior. This is just a series of the same note. If you zoom in on the wave then you can see where the glitch is happening. Trilogy is not fading the note out. It just ends abruptly. Please tell me that this product, which has received so much praise, can automatically decay a note so as to avoid these glitches...

Trilogy Glitches

-brian

Ok, it has to do with PDC in SX2. Anyone here use the SIR reverb plug? Run trilogy with this plug enabled and see if you get these pops. If I disable SIR, all is well. Of course that is no solution...

-brian

Of course it is the solution.
    If Sir is causing the problem, don\'t use Sir with Trilogy.

No it is certainly not the solution. But someone on the cubase forum provided me the solution. If I add an insert effect it magically solves the problem. Apparently in SX2, plugs with big delays cause oddities and this insert trick fixes these bizarre problems...

In any case all is well now.

-brian

Originally posted by bhuether:
    No it is certainly not the solution. But someone on the cubase forum provided me the solution. If I add an insert effect it magically solves the problem. Apparently in SX2, plugs with big delays cause oddities and this insert trick fixes these bizarre problems...

In any case all is well now.

-brian
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I thought this problem was fixed with the latest version of SIR (1005)? Are you using this, it halves the latency.

Brian

Go Back to forum