• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sunday Morning (revisited, new demo)

Sunday Morning (revisited, new demo)

Well, not being too impressed with my last venture with this piece, I sat down with my step-dad, who played trumpet with the band Chicago and recorded trumpet with Tito Puente and I reprogrammed the piece from scratch.

My step-dad\'s never touched a computer before (they scare him), he just listened with his eyes closed, playing air-trumpet none-the-less suggesting where to add \"the human element\". He was very impressed with GPO at first, but by the end he felt it (and all the other sample libs I told him about) would put too many musicians out of work.

We created this: http://www.fallofautumn.com/SundayMorning.mp3

Re: Sunday Morning (revisited, new demo)

I updated the link, with the correct, whole step trill.

Sounds much more \"real\" than the first! I think the only place it still sounds kinda synthy is on the last ascending arpeggio- btw is that a minor 2nd trill at the end? If so I think it should maybe be a major 2nd, but I\'m not an authority....

Thanks area 51, yeah the trill should be a whole not half, I\'ve already gotten a PM correcting me, I\'m just not at my DAW until later tonight to fix it...

What sounds synthy about the arpeggio to you?

I\'m not really sure Alan. Maybe it\'s the the decay of the note that sounds a bit artificial to me. Not bad at all really. I think the whole demo sounds really nice. I think it\'s because the ascending arpeggio is the place where the notes sustain for a bit, so maybe what I\'m talking about is exposed there. Still and all I think the whole thing sounds pretty sweet!

Go Back to forum