• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Community Christmas volume 11 (2014) official sign up list

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Community Christmas volume 11 (2014) official sign up list

Gary Garritan has announced that we may begin the process of choosing Christmas carols we'd like to produce for the up-coming Christmas album.

To keep the project organized, the thread where we sign up, and the rest of the project's details, will all be handled at the Garritan Forum at MakeMusic.

PLEASE get involved and choose a song to work on - Just follow the link where Michael Bolt has started the list, as requested by Gary G. Guidelines for submissions are posted on this thread:

Garritan Community Christmas volume 11 (2014) official sign up list

Songs can get chosen fairly quickly - so be sure to go to that MM Forum page, sign up at that Forum if you need to, and post your project choice. Here are the songs chosen so far:

01. Angels We Have Heard On High ..........................KM Frye
    02. For Unto Us A Child Is Born (Handel Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt
    03. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear .......................Randy Bowser
    04. Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming ...........................Gary Aubry
    05. O Tannenbaum ............................................... Frank D'Erasmo
    06. Hark The Herald Angels Sing ............................ Jack Cannon
    07. Joy To The World............................................ William Rayer
    08. Coventry Carol ............................................... Jim Hammer
    09. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent...........................Daniel Bendshadler

(list updated 4/15/14)

I hope past contributors and new contributors alike volunteer and help keep this Garritan tradition alive.

Randy

Re: Garritan Community Christmas volume 11 (2014) official sign up list

So glad you posted this, Randy. I was thinking about that yesterday when Michael posted on the Make Music website. I hate being missing on both sites, but I've had a big music project to do for a lady in Pennsylvania and it's taken up a lot of my time. It's been fun, exciting, challenging, exasperating and, at times, mind numbing, but it's finished, at least for now. I'll fill you in on it later.

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Thanks for posting this Randy. I really hope some of our regular contributors will nominate a song and that we will see a few new names reserving a song too.

The list now stand at 5 nominations:

01. Angels We Have Heard On High ...................... KM Frye
    02. For Unto Us A Child Is Born (Handel Messiah) ...Michael Bolt
    03. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear .................... Randy Bowser
    04. Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming ......................... Gary Aubry
    05. O Tannenbaum .............................................. Frank D'erasmo

Please join in and help to keep our very special Community Christmas tradition. I regularly update the list every day so here's hoping I'll be adding a few more both regular and new contributors. I look forward to this.

Oh .. Randy my name is without the 'on' at the end (Michael Bolt), no problem at all but thought I would just mention it.

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    ...Randy my name is without the 'on' at the end (Michael Bolt), no problem at all but thought I would just mention it.

Michael
    Ooops! Earlier post corrected - I must have been thinking of the singer/songwriter!

R

Please sign me up for "Hark The Herald Angels Sing," Randy.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Please sign me up for "Hark The Herald Angels Sing," Randy.

Jack
    Great, glad you're doing one again, Jack - I see you put your song and name on the Official thread at the MM Garritan Forum, and that's good, because that's where the info needs to be. - I'm not in charge, and this NS thread isn't where carols can be submitted. Looks like you have that straight now, but just wanted to be sure others seeing these posts understands what they need to do.

Randy

Always had it straight Randy. You alerted folks in your first message (at top) to go to the New MM Garritan Forum in order have our Carol choice validated......LOL. Hope this all works out and that Dan will be in charge of the Mastering. He is so talented in this respect.

I expect I might (not sure) hear from Michael B. as he started the list at MM. Right now he should be sleeping. Gee, I feel so out of place at that site. We've been spoiled by Gary and our membership in the past. Nothing can match that and that's why a lot of "old timers" aren't switching. Not too much motivation there.......

Take care,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Always had it straight Randy. You alerted folks in your first message (at top) to go to the New MM Garritan Forum in order have our Carol choice validated......LOL...
    --?? OK - It didn't sound like you had it too straight at first, Jack. I was replying to how you asked me on this thread to sign you up for "Hark the Herald Angels." I replied saying I can't sign people up, I'm not in charge, and this isn't the thread where people sign up for carols. - You posted at the MM Forum - and that's great, that's where it has to be done. I just wanted to make sure others didn't think they could be listing their songs here and/or thinking that I would be signing them up somehow.

Randy

Well, I guess I confused you. What I wanted was for you to add me to the NS list so the folks there (that didn't quite yet know about the MM official sign-up site) would know what Carol I had chosen so they would know it was reserved. No biggie, but the real biggie is that hardly any of our NS members go to the MM Garritan Forum and therefore, wouldn't have know there even was an 11th Annual Community Christmas Project in progress unless you told them. Now, it seems like one would have to visit NS and the MM Garritan Forum to see what Carols have not been chosen unless you can keep the list updated in "real time" somehow. What a job that will be.

Having to visit two different sites to see what is going on isn't the way to run this railroad. Yes, if you sign up correctly and have successful "email notification," the game might be successful, but how successful has everything been so far?

Bottom line: Hope it all works out well for the Project's sake and our community as well.

Jack

Well, I guess I confused you. What I wanted was for you to add me to the NS list so the folks there (that didn't quite yet know about the MM official sign-up site) would know what Carol I had chosen so they would know it was reserved. No biggie, but the real biggie is that hardly any of our NS members go to the MM Garritan Forum and therefore, wouldn't have know there even was an 11th Annual Community Christmas Project in progress unless you told them. Now, it seems like one would have to visit NS and the MM Garritan Forum to see what Carols have not been chosen unless you can keep the list updated in "real time" somehow...
    ---lol--JACK--I KNOW you wanted me to add you to the list, and as I'm saying for three times now, that isn't the way it works. People have to go to the MM Forum to sign up - just as you have done. I have no idea what you're going on about.

I started this thread here The Instant I saw the thread go up at MM. There was no time lag - nobody was being kept in the dark. I've been waiting for the list to start - I had this thread up within the hour of it going up there, because I knew it would be up to me or Michael B. to let everyone here know about it. And now either I or Michael B. will add the songs to this list as they show up at MM so that people don't go there with a song in mind that's already been taken.

Yes, not that many people here at the original Forum are going to the MM Forum - Invariably it's said that it's so quiet over there, it's so dead--um--well, there's only one solution to that. Instead of complaining about how quiet it is there, all people have to do is start posting there. If everyone hangs back because there aren't enough people involved - well, that's obviously not going to work. That's just a self perpetuating vicious circle.

I'm sure the CD will be fine - and I do hope everyone here who's interested in doing a project gets involved!

Randy

Go Back to forum