• Register
  • Help

Topic: My other song collaboration - When We Collide

Share/Bookmark

My other song collaboration - When We Collide

These vocals were recorded almost spontaneously. I added a jazz quartet - piano is my beloved Garritan Steinway, acoustic bass and 12-string guitar from Dimension Pro, and drums from Cakewalk's standard soft synth whose name I can never remember. There's also a slight touch of strings from Dimension Pro.

This was a pleasant diversion for me last night, and I just thought I would share it. It's KD Lang's When We Collide.

https://app.box.com/s/gxu2qz2yuaehrqlngmvu

__________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: My other song collaboration - When We Collide

Hi Owen,

One word: FANTASTIC. This is a col-laboration! Everything just feels right about this song. And I like the voice. Well recorded, nice balance and good arrangement. That's quite an evolution. Keep it up!

Max

Thanks, Max! I should have mentioned: This isn't Erika, but another person I am collaborating with (Tricia). She has very good equipment and knows how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Thanks, Max! I should have mentioned: This isn't Erika, but another person I am collaborating with (Tricia). She has very good equipment and knows how to use it!
    Being a good musician and engineer seems to have made you into a babe magnet, Owen! This sounds really great. - I think maybe you're talking about the TSS-1 GM module in Sonar. I use that all the time when I'm starting work on a project, before loading Garritan later. It has some surprisingly good sounds actually.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Being a good musician and engineer seems to have made you into a babe magnet, Owen! This sounds really great. - I think maybe you're talking about the TSS-1 GM module in Sonar. I use that all the time when I'm starting work on a project, before loading Garritan later. It has some surprisingly good sounds actually.
    Thanks Randy! Not sure about babe magnet (at least I hope I'm not!) Actually, I've been friends with Tricia for quite some time, and probably would have given up trying to persevere with composition long ago were it not for her. If you're interested, here is another track we just finished: https://app.box.com/s/ftm3r7b3ojdtnu1wa3qx

Yes, that's the module. Does have some good sounds. I don't have any better drums so I appreciate having those.

She has a really beautiful voice. Her voice would be so heavenly in my own music! I could just picture it with a deep cathedral reverb making her sound celestial and radiant (those are how I like my voices for my own music). Her voice is a gem. Great to see you guys working together. Also, great tune tune to go with that voice! A nice pack! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece Owen!

Regards,

Richard

Thanks, Richard. Yes, she's terrific. One of those people that is brilliant at everything she touches!

Hello Owen!

This is a great recording! The music is nicely balanced and subdued. It's a great balance to her soothing voice. I tend to write these responses as I'm listening, and I've just gotten to the swells in the music, and those are just great at emphasizing the emotion of the song.

Sounds like you're having a blast doing this! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Thanks, Michael! Yes, we are having lots of fun! Did you happen to check out this other track we just finished? https://app.box.com/s/ftm3r7b3ojdtnu1wa3qx

Here is her original a Capella recording:

Go Back to forum