• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cheaper Prices on the Horizon for Symphonic Strings?

Share/Bookmark

Cheaper Prices on the Horizon for Symphonic Strings?

Every sample library I own is old news except for Sam Horns. With my tax return I was thinking of either purchasing Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings Mini because they are the best sounding overall I have heard yet or the EWQL Silver Edition.
    I am curiously wondering if there is any clue about pricing changes for the Symphonic Strings. I know EWQL is on sale but, will the Symphonic strings be cheaper soon - as they have lots of competition and a new Brass Library out? I have piecemeal stuff now except for AO and I am happy with that - and would love the Sonic Implant strings but, I wouldn\'t want to buy them and find out they are like half that price in a month. on the other hand I doubt EWQL will get any cheaper anytime soon and it has another piano which I wouldn\'t mind having plus I like the idea I can upgrade to gold or platnium. I guess I\'d just like to know if there are any rummors I don\'t know about - not really opinions on what is better than the other... .

Re: Cheaper Prices on the Horizon for Symphonic Strings?

Since you\'re on a budget (aren\'t we all!), have you ever considered looking at GOS? SISS is excellent, but the list price of GOS is $695 ($300 less). Also, the things possible with GOS and the Maestro tools allows you to create really superb string arrangements.

Certainly something to consider.

I very much doubt VSL will in a forseeable future lower the price on their products. And if they do we wont know till it happens. Which means quite a few costumers (the ones who bought the liberary the day before the sales) will get really pissed.

But dont expect price drops... so far the libererary has only gone up in price. First the \"first edition\" went up in price, then all horizon products went up (they started at a lower intro price), and now all the products will go up due to differences in dollar/euro...

which means... if your from US, and want a VSL product.. get it before March

All that said.. VSL IS the best liberary you can get. And the costumer service is incredible

I guess VSL does have a Horizon Series but, I was specifially interested in the Sonic Implant Strings and EWQL. I Have heard some great demos of the Garritan but, honestly I think sonic implants speak to me the most - as a pianist I guess it is comperable to how you may like a Yamaha over a steinway or Vise versa - although calling one better than the other maybe saying too much. For me the Sonic Implants has an intimacy that I haven\'t heard achived in any other library - however I doubt they accomplish a huge string sound very well. People can say what they will about GPO but, in the demos I\'ve heard I can\'t see buying it if I already have AO or buying it over EWQL which has an upgrade path - I don\'t believe there are higher quality versions of GPO on the horizon are there? I really hope that statment doesn\'t go up in flames because it isn\'t meant to. At the moment I\'m not unhappy with most sounds but, you know Strings are probably the most prevelant section in orchestral writing and I really don\'t have great ones now. But this tread was really just to find if there is any buzz on if Symphonic Strings will be at a lower price point soon considering they have new competition - I mean for not much more there is EWQL Gold which has strings which can sound great along with every other sound you could want - Garritan came down - maybe they will follow suit.

Sonic Implants just lowered there prices If u pre-order the full version in the new Kontakt format. Check there site for that. VSL`s prices are GOING UP! March 15th....QLSO Silver is still the best BUDGET deal,check out some of the demos...Rich

I\'ve had this conversation with myself last year - I ended up getting VSL First Edition to start and currently working to get QLSO.

Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings sound really good so if they\'re speaking to you then perhaps you should go that way. I know a few vets like to blend SISS with VSL with some startling results - same with SISS with QLSO strings.

Good luck on your final choice!

All my best,

Frederick

Originally posted by Patriarch:
    Have SI lowered their strings for GIGA aswell?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">i dont think so just if you Pre-order the Kontakt version. BTW, I`m finding the QLSO strings really versatile and beautiful sounding. Rich

I know the kompkt is cheap for awhile - I have a question about Kopmpact - does it have an audio capture thingy like Gigastudio - can you run Kompakt and Gigastudio at the same time - or do you just load your gigastudio sounds into Kompakt?
    Thanks

Originally posted by TNM:
    I know the kompkt is cheap for awhile - I have a question about Kopmpact - does it have an audio capture thingy like Gigastudio - can you run Kompakt and Gigastudio at the same time - or do you just load your gigastudio sounds into Kompakt?
    Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">TNM,
    Kontakt can run standalone and VST to your can just load yur giga samples right into it and render your track to audio inside your sequencer offline. It doesnt need to run properly on a seperate machine like GS often does. Tracks are then rendered down much faster this way since they dont have to go from midi to waves in real time. Its been a bit of a time saver for me...I`ve heard tales [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] of composers being able to run GS and Kontakt at the same time, but me experience has been that GS doesnt like anything else running along side of it. Maybe GS on its own machine and Kontakt VST inside your sequenser would be fine? Rich

Kontakt does *not* have a capture to WAV ability. It is true that rendering is faster, but you must have a sequener to accomplish this. This is how I make recordings from Kontakt.

Go Back to forum