• Register
  • Help

Topic: DAN DEAN BRASS ENS. - Demo of Raiders etc.

Share/Bookmark

DAN DEAN BRASS ENS. - Demo of Raiders etc.

This is Dan Dean Brass Ens. w/ a little bit of reverb, no eq. Similiar to King\'s earlier demo, this is just banged out in 5 minutes or less. The library is very playable. I heard another demo which layered Dan\'s solo brass with the ens.. I have not found it necessary to layer this brass with anything other then itself. The Raiders trumpet is the ambient sample version with just a bit of ambient trumpet stac. layered in to give it more attack. With a just a little more time you can achieve a much more expressive performance in the trumpet than what I\'ve done here. The EXP samples are great, and finally we have the FFF trumpet in a hall setting.

DOWNLOAD
    http://homepage.mac.com/scores4film/

Re: DAN DEAN BRASS ENS. - Demo of Raiders etc.

Wow, that sound really good! I think many brass samples sound fake on their own, but this sounds very nice.

Congrats, Dan Dean! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey there\'s a 2nd one on the server now! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten

Hmmmm...... I\'m not totally convinced with the trumpets.

I have to agree with Aaron - the trumpets do sound very odd .... maybe the tone, but I am not sure I like the sound too much.

I will be interesting to see how they blend in a large orchestral work.

Basically, I like the tone of the trumpets a lot. Haven\'t heard ensemble sampled trumpets work so well when exposed before.

One thing that lets the second demo down (the Voyager theme?)is that the third note in the piece - an A - is noticeably different in timbre to those adjacent to it. It\'s either slightly less present or duller. Just a bit less sizzle than its brethren. This happens throughout the demo.

Obviously this is exactly the kind of thing which gets fixed in a pre-release, so it doesn\'t worry me.

My Gosh! This Brass Ensemble collection sounds amazing!

Kip

Go Back to forum