• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ethno World 2 new version

Share/Bookmark

Ethno World 2 new version

Hello Northern readers! We are watching this forum very carefully and of course we noticed some comments about clicks on many of the sounds from ETHNO WORLD 2 which originally comes from transferring them into the EXS/Halion version...
    Our goal was to provide an excellent tool with highest possible quality and to achieve this we re-recorded all 6 CDs in EXS/Halion. From now on we are shipping only the new version. Everyone who already bought an EXS/Halion version can get a free set from his distributor (East West or Time & Space) or directly from Best Service (mail@bestservice.de).
    We hope now everyone is excited and satisfied with the usability and quality of Ethno World 2. Thank you and hello from Munich BestService Klaus Kandler

Re: Ethno World 2 new version

That\'s great news Klaus [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Will East West have the replacement disks yet?

I just got the giga version of this about four weeks ago, and I think it\'s a great library. I\'ve already gotten a lot of use out of it. I especially like the singing bowls and the santoor (I think that\'s what it\'s called - it\'s the hammered dulcimer type instrument).

A quick tip:

I set up my MIDI controller so that I can trigger the santoor samples in two MIDI zones on the keyboard - about four octaves apart. This works great for getting that very rapid \"hammered\" effect on a single key - although you have to play the keys across a bit of a distance on the keyboard. But you could never get a single key (on a weighted controller)to react with that speed.

Hi!
    Stupid question time- why does the Giga ver have 4 disks, while EXS/Halion is 6?

Probably an obvious answer. Very blonde day today...

Hi Klaus

Great news.. but the clicks etc. I\'ve been describing are in the Giga version... Any news there?

Cheers

Ty

Hi Klaus

Great news.. but the clicks etc. I\'ve been describing are in the Giga version... Any news there?

Cheers

Ty

sorry all... finger happy

nikki,

I\'m guessing 24-bit samples

Ahhh! Figured it might be that...thx [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now the big question: For those of us that bought the Giga version, will it be possible to get an \"upgrade\" to the 24-samples once GS3 is out?

Just curious... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for your questions and your response.
    Please note: I´m only talking about the Ethno World 2 in EXS/Halion format.

East West will have the replacement discs by next week.

To clarify the identity of Ethno World EXS/Halion \"old\" and \"new\" version you can check the silver side (information side) of the
    CD. BS 379 CD1...3819A. A means: this is the old version - all the new ones will read 3819B. B is the new version.

Hi Ty: if your Gigasampler creates clicks with EW2 you should e-mail to franz@bestservice.de
    He supports our Giga users and I´m sure with your assistance he can solve your problem. In your e-mail to Franz please describe all technical details about your system.

Giga users will receive only 4 CDs instead of 6 for the
    Halion/EXS users, because Gigastudio uses a compressed file format. Klaus

Go Back to forum