• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Good lyrical oboe?

Share/Bookmark

Good lyrical oboe?

Hi,

I\'ve spent the last week playing with that Maestro Clarinet and was wondering if anyone knew of a nice french oboe that would compliment it.

It would need to be able to stand on its own, and work dry and unaffected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Ben H

Re: Good lyrical oboe?

Originally posted by Ben H:
    Hi,

I\'ve spent the last week playing with that Maestro Clarinet and was wondering if anyone knew of a nice french oboe that would compliment it.

It would need to be able to stand on its own, and work dry and unaffected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Ben H
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My best suggestion is to get SAM Horns which comes with a solo FH.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Actually looking for a french OBOE, not a french horn. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

You know, as opposed to a Vienese Oboe. Thanks anyway... I guess. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

...Oh and a good flugelhorn as well if anyone happens to know of a good one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ben H

Miroslav Vitous still has my favourite oboe - sounds really lyrical, though technically it\'s a bit outdated now - no velocity layers, crossfades, chromatic sampling.

The EWQLSO Gold oboe seems to sound great, too, especially if you tweak the attack time a bit. Unfortunately, there are no crossfades for solo instruments in Gold either - I hope that they will be included in the update. I think that crossfading samples are crucial for simulating a realistic woodwinds performance.

Best, Oliver

Originally posted by DeOlivier:
    Miroslav Vitous still has my favourite oboe - sounds really lyrical, though technically it\'s a bit outdated now - no velocity layers, crossfades, chromatic sampling.

Best, Oliver
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah this was said some time ago. So it still stands out?

If it doesn\'t have any chromatic sampling what are the intervals?

Do you have a demo of it preferably in an exposed context?

Thanks,

Ben H

The QLSO oboe is very good. It has some lirical articulation designed to play very expresively. The Gold and Platinum version doesn´t have much difference in articulation I think , only some falls , gliss and grace notes!!!

Originally posted by leogardini:
    The QLSO oboe is very good. It has some lirical articulation designed to play very expresively. The Gold and Platinum version doesn´t have much difference in articulation I think , only some falls , gliss and grace notes!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have or know of a demo of the QLSO oboe in an exposed context?

Ben H

PM your email [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !!!

Ben,

I don\'t know if it is French but the EWQLSO oboe (24 bit) is superb. You may also include the VSL oboe (16 bit) - Horizon Opus I Series but you need to add some EQ and or room presence to it..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast